Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Thought he was lucky but maybe he’s good

So when my son was 11 he shot his first deer. A kiabab doe on the run at 180. Dropped in its tracks. I thought I can’t believe he did that resting on a burned out log. That was lucky. When he was 13 he shot a cow elk at 470 with a very serious cross wind and it went nose down neck shot . I thought I can’t believe I let him take that shot. That was lucky. At 14 This past weekend he shot a coues buck at 378 while light was fading off a bad rest of rocks. The buck was bedded and not much more than the top of body and neck showing. This time I had a good friend to witness the boy can shoot some. He squeezed the trigger and the buck rolled over dead never stood up. Right in the neck shattered the vertebrae. I thought. Maybe he’s not lucky.  Haha. Good time. These kids are getting to be shooters.  Saw an article on a junior shot a 130 at 750Yrds

my son has had great success with browning x bolt vortex viper and Hornady led-EC6813D8-7F03-45A0-895C-803EB0155B97.jpeg.1f5d1da0d611838a7048e6f577585a42.jpegx in his 6.5 credmore 

45EBA09C-22B5-4D2E-91B0-B5421C69A047.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1

When your good your good!!

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1