rossislider

Wife's First Elk Hunt

Congrats!  Just a little jelly, my wife won't hunt!

• Like 1

I don’t know how I missed this way back when. Congrats to you guys and glad to see she is back on the road to her next adventure!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Andrew. Interestingly enough, it was on this hunt that the symptoms of her tumor really began to manifest. At the time we assumed it to be weather related. It wasn't until February that the tumor was diagnosed. Her surgery went almost 9 hours! But they were able to remove about 99% of the tumor. There was one point near the end where things went bad! I thought I was either going to lose my wife, or she would come out of it with severe brain damage. Fortunately, she had a team of pretty amazing surgeons. Two weeks later and she is ahead of pace on her recovery. She should be in great hunting shape by fall. 

FB_IMG_1554785119925.jpg

FB_IMG_1554786495353.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hadn't mentioned it previously, but during our 4 hour wait, we drove back into town to get the kids. We knew they would love to be there and see her bull. We had the idea to put them in camo with us for that year's family picture. I hadn't shared this picture previously because we ended up saving it for our family Christmas card. 

20181009_143200.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Very happy to hear where you are today from where you could have been, scary stuff that I can't imagine. Your wife sounds like one tough lady. Congrats on her bull too.

• Like 1

Didn't know anything was even wrong with your wife. I'm glad to see she is ok. Congrats on that bull and good luck on this years hunts! Where are you gonna go with all those heads? I hope you got vaulted ceilings!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Didn't know anything was even wrong with your wife. I'm glad to see she is ok. Congrats on that bull and good luck on this years hunts! Where are you gonna go with all those heads? I hope you got vaulted ceilings!

Unfortunately no on those vaulted ceilings. 😢. It is a good problem that I hope to have. I hope to do a pedestal if we can turn up something special this year. 

• Like 1