Sign in to follow this  
G_E_E

Unit 10 moisture

I'll be headed up to unit 10 this weekend for my dad's cow hunt.  I'm a little nervous with all of this moisture and the dirt road situation.  My dad's truck isn't 4x4 and he'll be towing my pop up, I have a 4x4 and will be towing a SXS.  I wanna try camping off FSR 124 in the kaibab NF if possible.  Anybody live near the area or hunted the area in these conditions?  

I'd be worried about a non 4x4 towing too. Better bring extraction stuff and play it safe. Can always make a run to hunt in the SxS.    

2 hours ago, el diablo said:

124 is a well maintained rd. Shouldn’t have any issues

Thank you for the info, it's calmed me down a bit.  During my e scouting it looked like nice dirt road so figured that was my safest bet.  Are there a lot of camp sites off of it?

1 hour ago, G_E_E said:

Thank you for the info, it's calmed me down a bit.  During my e scouting it looked like nice dirt road so figured that was my safest bet.  Are there a lot of camp sites off of it?

Yes but 750 other hunters off of it too so get there early as possible if u need a spot right off the main rd and make sure to check the maps for where ur allowed to camp. Not that anyone else does.  Load avenza maps app on ur phone and then add the Travel map u need. Works great