Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Motorola CP 200 5 watt radios

Was wondering if anybody has used these radios if so how did you like them thanks

Those are the radios i run. If you have a line of site, you can talk for a loooong ways. I have noticed that when you are in trees with a thick canopy, like pine or spruce, they don’t work very well. They are about 100 times better than the  talkabouts or any of that style of radio

• Like 1

i have the newer model in digital 200D, i have a set and my buddys also oh my they are the best thing out there. i bought every pair on the way up to those

• Like 2

I just bought a pair looking forwRd to trying them

I’ve been using them for a few years. I can give any kind of reviews or field use updates that you want. They are a game changer

37 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I’ve been using them for a few years. I can give any kind of reviews or field use updates that you want. They are a game changer

I gave up on sporting good store radios and started running HAM equipment. I am curious what kind of line of sight range are you getting out of those?

Ham ticket is the way to go.  Test is super easy and talking legal on repeaters as well as line of site or other atmospheric conditions is fun.  

On 10/17/2018 at 4:33 AM, GreyGhost85 said:

Those are the radios i run. If you have a line of site, you can talk for a loooong ways. I have noticed that when you are in trees with a thick canopy, like pine or spruce, they don’t work very well. They are about 100 times better than the  talkabouts or any of that style of radio

On 10/17/2018 at 4:33 AM, GreyGhost85 said:

Do you have cases on them if so were did you get them and how good are they thanks

Wanted to bring this thread back up to the top for any updated reviews by anyone using them?

We've already blown a several starks this past week on quality bucks, largely due to our inability to effectively communicate in areas with bad cell service. Either it took too long to get my son in close using hand signals, him dropping into a drainage and not being able to see me, or getting too close to moving deer and not being able to warn/stop him. It was been frustrating and I am ready for better hunting communication equipment. I know these are better than the cheap $50-$100 jobs, but how? Range, clarity, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1