I'm not as active as I used to be on CWT. But I still linger and have always had a tremendous amount of respect for what Amanda built from the beginning. So if I can contribute to her and the rest of you Coues deer fanatics I will! 

I finally caught up with this buck after he eluded me last year. He's an old buck (and I'm not very smart) so I honestly couldn't be happier. It's always special when you can follow an animal this long. And for those who've done it, it can be very bitter/sweet also. I especially feel that way as I feel like I linger closer to my Coues deer hunting days being numbered. 

Enjoy. 

Jake 2.jpg

Jake 3.jpg

Jake 1.jpg

• Like 29
  • Love 1
  • Great Buck! 5
  • Wow! 3

What a great buck and yes it is great having history with a buck. I love character bucks and that one has it all on top of being big!

Congrats!! Sounds like a great experience. Coues hunting days numbers ??? Snap out of it youngster I am 62 and been at it since , crap can't remember 71 or 72 and just this years finally realized I will do well to get in ten more good years. So unless their is an undisclosed situation you look good for a bit more hunting.

• Like 3

Wow! Great buck! Is there a story coming? You look to have another 30 or 40 years left in ya. Wait until you're 60, then start counting down.

• Like 1