Sign in to follow this  
Hunt2eat

Crispi Hunting Boots

I'm looking into the Crispi Valdres Plus GTX Uninsulated hunting boot. First off, any feedback on Crispi? Specifically the Valdres boot that I'm looking into?

I'm a size 12. One review I read says they are a true fit, but I'm wondering if I need a 12 1/2. I know every foot is different, but just thought I'd see if anyone has additional insight. 

Thanks!

I have the summit gtx. They seem to fit true. Great boots

• Like 1

+1 to that,, looove mine  I ware 11 and the 11 fit perfect , mine needed no brake in. 

• Like 1

I bought a pair of Insulated Nevada's about 2 weeks ago. So far I LOVE them. I got them and walked 2 miles in them in my neighborhood, then went scouting the next day. I walked about 5-6 miles scouting with ZERO issue. I have worn them since walking in my neighborhood to get a few more miles on them before my hunt that starts this weekend.

I made the investment to get good boots for once in my life, and I am super happy I did.

I wear a 12-13 depending on the shoe manufacturer, typically in wide width. I am really probably a 12.5, except nobody makes a 12.5 in the US.

I went down to Ross Outdoors to try the boots on because they were the only shop in town I found that stocked any Crispi. I tried on the Nevada in size 12 regular they had, and it was nice, but a little snug. I had them order me a 12.5 wide, and with a mid-weight sock on they are perfect.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Millhouse said:

And I thought Danners were expensive.  I guess if you use them a lot the price would be worth it though.

I have been wearing the same pair of military surplus combat boots for way to long, and I decided I wanted a new set of boots that would last, but be a good investment in comfort for my feet. If I can hike more miles because my feet are more comfortable, I can hopefully see more animals and get more opportunities.

I am a huge Redwing Boot fan, and have owned many sets. I couldn't find a set I wanted to use as a dedicated hunting boot so I started looking for other boots. My initial price range was $200-300. Once I decided against Redwing I started looking at dedicated hunting boots, and I kept hearing about Kenetrek, Crispi, Schnee's, White's, etc. I originally went down to Ross to look at the Crispi Summit boot which is about $300, and intended on getting those. When I was speaking with the rep, he mentioned that the Summit does not have the ankle support system the Nevada's and other more expensive Crispi's have, and they cannot be re-soled like the more expensive boots can. 

That was the deciding factor. I can get the boots re-soled. I have done this to multiple sets of Redwing over the years, and it is a huge bonus to be able to get more miles out of the same boots. This should hopefully be the last pair of boots I buy. That was worth the extra $100 over the Summit IMO. I am glad I didn't cheap out and get a lesser pair of boots.

$400 for a set of boots should be a no brainer for most of us on here. I bet 99.9% of us have WAY more then that into our rifles, bow, etc. If you are willing to invest well over $400+ in a rifle or bow, why not on your boots. You MIGHT get a chance to use that rifle or bow on your hunt, but you WILL get to use your boots on that hunt even if your weapon never gets shouldered or drawn.

• Like 2

The company that owns Black Ovis and Camofire are the Crispi distributors for the US.

• Like 1

I wear the Crispi Thor GTX and I freaking love them. The most comfortable boot I ever owned. If you want to try on in person go to Ross Outdoors in Phoenix. They started carrying Crispi boots. I made them even more comfy with the Lanthrop and Sons footbed.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:06 PM, Hoss50 said:

I have been wearing the same pair of military surplus combat boots for way to long, and I decided I wanted a new set of boots that would last, but be a good investment in comfort for my feet. If I can hike more miles because my feet are more comfortable, I can hopefully see more animals and get more opportunities.

I am a huge Redwing Boot fan, and have owned many sets. I couldn't find a set I wanted to use as a dedicated hunting boot so I started looking for other boots. My initial price range was $200-300. Once I decided against Redwing I started looking at dedicated hunting boots, and I kept hearing about Kenetrek, Crispi, Schnee's, White's, etc. I originally went down to Ross to look at the Crispi Summit boot which is about $300, and intended on getting those. When I was speaking with the rep, he mentioned that the Summit does not have the ankle support system the Nevada's and other more expensive Crispi's have, and they cannot be re-soled like the more expensive boots can. 

That was the deciding factor. I can get the boots re-soled. I have done this to multiple sets of Redwing over the years, and it is a huge bonus to be able to get more miles out of the same boots. This should hopefully be the last pair of boots I buy. That was worth the extra $100 over the Summit IMO. I am glad I didn't cheap out and get a lesser pair of boots.

$400 for a set of boots should be a no brainer for most of us on here. I bet 99.9% of us have WAY more then that into our rifles, bow, etc. If you are willing to invest well over $400+ in a rifle or bow, why not on your boots. You MIGHT get a chance to use that rifle or bow on your hunt, but you WILL get to use your boots on that hunt even if your weapon never gets shouldered or drawn.

I'm right there with Hoss.  I went the cheap route once and bought the first run of Danner Pronghorns back in 2004, not realizing they couldn't be resoled.  Every other boot since then are recraftable for the very same reason Hoss says.  My wife barely bats an eye now when I ether get new boots or have to have a pair resoled because she knows I take care of them and they last for years.  My only other suggestion is to make sure and take care of them.  Treat them with beeswax or other non-animal products.  Mink oil will wear out the leather and cause the stitching to rot.  I learned that (not the hard way) when I got my first pair of boots for wildfire work.  I had a seasoned firefighter/mentor pull me aside and tell me that because he learned the hard way.  

I've heard nothing but good about the Crispi boots.  If I didn't have three pairs of Danners and my custom-fit Whites Smokejumpers, I'd get a pair of Crispi boots.  As it is, I'm about to send my 10-year old pair of Whites in to get resoled.  $140 for a pair of $400+ boots that are my absolute favorite boots in the world.  I don't fight wildfire anymore, but I use them for all of my spring/summer/early fall hiking hunting.

I have had the Crispi Valdres boots for over a year and I really like them. Breaking them in took no time. I also think they are true fit....I got a size 10 and that's what I usually wear. I picked mine up at Bull Basin in Tucson.

Just an update for you. I just spent 8 days up north with my Crispi Nevadas. We averaged about 5-7 miles a day hiking. I am not the most in shape hiker but we put some miles on them. 

I am 320lbs plus a 30lb pack and a 10lb rifle. 

My feet feel GREAT. I never had a day when my feet felt bad at the end if the day, like I had with my old boots. Big thumbs up. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, Hunt2eat said:

I appreciate everyone's comments. I pulled the trigger on the Crispi Valdres. I've only went on a few hikes, but they sure seem like the real deal.

Had my eye on them but they don't come in my size.