Sign in to follow this  
peloncillo

Unit 29 buck

I was able to go hunt in unit 29 over the weekend and got lucky. Saw lots of bucks, the one I was after gave me the slip in some thick brush but was able to kill this guy before I had to leave. Had a great time.

839070889_IMG_3238(2).thumb.JPG.d1c9ed708e8f1b19b1df70d1ec3473a1.JPG1978293705_IMG_3229(Edited).thumb.JPG.946840d87c6ab1cd4ec4dc93978ac398.JPG1856692382_IMG_3211(2).thumb.JPG.894e775c9597eb4effcdb4ea91e3f401.JPG

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Outstanding job as always!!!  Love the dead head, I bet he would’ve been a tank if he would’ve matured 

Well done. Do you feel like that unit gets a lot of hunting pressure or is it pretty easy to get away from people if you hike a ridge or two?

5 hours ago, broadhead said:

Well done. Do you feel like that unit gets a lot of hunting pressure or is it pretty easy to get away from people if you hike a ridge or two?

There are roadless areas where you can hike your tail off, thank god.

• Like 1

Thanks everybody, there are canyons there that probably never get hunted and some that get way overhunted like most units. If you hike an hour maybe a half hour away from the road you will leave most others behind. All and all I think it is a great unit for coues with the potential for a big one every year.

Keven

• Like 1

Excellent!  Congrats on a nice buck!!

Solis buck, the one you wanted must have been really nice.

Is the area where his antlers come out of the skull really pronounced, or is it just the angle of the pic

• Like 1

Awesome job good looking buck