mbiewer

Where to?

We got tags again for 23 this year. Hopefully the weather holds out better this spring than last year.  Being in the 80s didn't help out

• Like 1

We have 3 tags for unit 23 for Spring. Never hunted there before, need to start taking trips up there to scout. But have also never Turkey hunted before. Care to share a little from your experiences last year? 

• Like 1

I would just go up and find a place with high trees and start calling the night before the hunt to find some roosted birds. Set up at first light and call them in. If I did scout it would be fairly close to the date of the hunt.

On 11/14/2018 at 1:31 PM, Gobe said:

We have 3 tags for unit 23 for Spring. Never hunted there before, need to start taking trips up there to scout. But have also never Turkey hunted before. Care to share a little from your experiences last year? 

I highly recommend you attend Christian Hunters of America's turkey hunting seminar. It's March 19th 7:00 pm at Calvary Church, I-17 near Thunderbird.

Also attend the Marvin Robbins Memorial turkey seminar/camp, especially if you have kids that are hunting or interested. Put on by Arizona Elk Society and other organizations, it's a great camp for learning the ropes. Plus they feed you and it's free. Registration required. Held April 19-21 at Colcord Ridge campground, Young Highway and the 260. Plus it's in Unit 23!

• Like 3

Ammon (Little creek Calls) has a really informative presentation he puts on a couple of times before  the season starts up.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, Couestracker said:

I highly recommend you attend Christian Hunters of America's turkey hunting seminar. It's March 19th 7:00 pm at Calvary Church, I-17 near Thunderbird.

Also attend the Marvin Robbins Memorial turkey seminar/camp, especially if you have kids that are hunting or interested. Put on by Arizona Elk Society and other organizations, it's a great camp for learning the ropes. Plus they feed you and it's free. Registration required. Held April 19-21 at Colcord Ridge campground, Young Highway and the 260. Plus it's in Unit 23!

Great info! Thanks bud!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mbiewer said:

Ammon (Little creek Calls) has a really informative presentation he puts on a couple of times before  the season starts up.

Yes he does. I attend his presentation and have bought several of his nice calls.