Sandy

Coues deer cape for sale in AZ

I thought people sold them all the time. And only the meat was illegal to sale. Heck if people can sale antlers why not a hide?

• Like 1

I don't think you can sell anything unless it has had something done to it like tanning to make leather. The mounts are considered artwork.

Regardless of legality, do you really want to start your daughters hunting career off with the idea that animals or animal parts are a commodity?

R12-4-305. Possessing, Transporting, Importing, Exporting, and Selling Carcasses or Parts of Wildlife

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brademan76 said:

Regardless of legality, do you really want to start your daughters hunting career off with the idea that animals or animal parts are a commodity?

R12-4-305. Possessing, Transporting, Importing, Exporting, and Selling Carcasses or Parts of Wildlife

Ummm....   YES.

We are from farming background in Iowa.    There is a whole Commodities Market for animals and animal parts.   And it is legal.  

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Wildlife, not livestock. Guess I should never assume someone is intelligent enough to pick up my meaning, shame on me.

The State of Arizona touts wildlife as a commodity all the time.   Hunting is a huge sector of the state's economy.  We all contribute to it.   Every license you buy, every tag you pay for all goes toward purchasing an animal from the state.

Don't insult my intelligence.   

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sandy said:

The State of Arizona touts wildlife as a commodity all the time.   Hunting is a huge sector of the state's economy.  We all contribute to it.   Every license you buy, every tag you pay for all goes toward purchasing an animal from the state.

Don't insult my intelligence.   

Then you should be intelligent enough to understand that the monies you're referring to are used for wildlife management and conservation (and yes, also the associated overhead). But if you'd prefer the simple sale/purchase of a game animal, there are more of those places popping up all the time.

Good luck with your daughter's (or your?) sale.