antlerhuntress

Spring draw is on the portal

Is there still a way to check by hunter ID? I want to see if my sons drew, but the portal only shows me my results.

18B general - my 4th choice. Never stepped a foot in that unit but put in as a backup with some folks I know through others. I sure hope I'm not the only one who got it because that's a long way from home. 

20a rifle javelina.

This will be the first time back since the burn. I am interested to see what it looks like since all my typical javelina spots burned.

Ok, so newbie to this site. Put in for 2019 spring Turkey archery. And before I did, I contacted az game and fish for draw success rates. And was told by them, chances are high with 18% success hunting rate. And yet this happens?  

Lol...how do you go from high chances to no draw? Bare in mind, first archery season draw with OTC tag purchase previous fall season  just no success for fall Turkey.  

Screenshot_20181103-050128.jpg

11 hours ago, Best archery77 said:

Ok, so newbie to this site. Put in for 2019 spring Turkey archery. And before I did, I contacted az game and fish for draw success rates. And was told by them, chances are high with 18% success hunting rate. And yet this happens?  

Lol...how do you go from high chances to no draw? Bare in mind, first archery season draw with OTC tag purchase previous fall season  just no success for fall Turkey.  

Screenshot_20181103-050128.jpg

Certainly a dissapointment but it does happen and there are usually leftovers, although you may need to drive to Kaibab. Take a HUnter Safety couese and get a permanent bonus point. Put in three consecutive draws for turkey and get a species point. I believe there are also Spring OTC Turkeys tags too.

Good Luck and Welcome

On 11/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, antlerhuntress said:

Archery javelina in 6a for us!

Same here.

I have a general 20a tag.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:52 PM, BigTallGuy said:

Anyone have any pointers for unit 33?  It’s my dads very first hunt at 66 years old.  Javelina in February-

Do you now have a 4WD?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 8:49 AM, PRDATR said:

Do you now have a 4WD?

Hi!  Yes, yes I do.  Stock truck.  Went out to Redrock Tank and the trail got way to tight to go any further.  Saw 15 does and 8 turkey down in Turkey Valley or Turkey Creek, I forgot the name.  My dad and I drove about 400 miles without anything definitive.  Any pointers or areas of interest would be super helpful.

• Like 1