Lv2hnt

Lady vet looking for downsized 7mm-08

Hunts for Heroes has a lady veteran new to our program who has narrowed her choice to a 7mm-08 in a smaller/youth model. She's new to hunting, doesn't own a big game rifle, and hoping to find a decent buy on a pre-owned rifle or a steal on a new one. NO other calibers being considered.

Asking you all to keep your eyes open for us.

A huge thanks!

--- Tom

Cell: (480)760-3868

• Like 1

I also wouldn't hesitate to get a Savage Axis II youth in 7mm-08.  I bought my daughter the original Axis youth in 7mm-08, not wanting to drop a big chunk of money if she didn't stick with it.  Its one of the best rifles I've shot.  Its great with factory ammo, but lights out with hand loads.  I had to replace the factory trigger with a Timney, and it only got better.

I got our son the 11 Trophy Hunter youth model in 7mm-08 and I'm just as infatuated with that as I am my daughter's Axis.  Only reason I didn't get him an Axis II is that I couldn't get the Axis II with an accutrigger in plain black.  Neither me nor my son wanted the Muddy Girl pink camo Axis II just to have a 7-08 with an accutrigger!

• Like 1

Sportsman’s outdoor superstore just came out with a $60 rebate on savage axis and axis II. Might be worth looking at. I saw the compact models on there.