grey curse

Windage turret cover

85C19F93-C4CB-44C1-AC80-D8787A7E9970.thumb.jpeg.5a6cc638d63febf13468ba9d9cb2bb8b.jpegI have a 6-24 vortex hst.  Great scope for the price and perfect fit for my son on a 6.5 creedmoor.  My problem is on his deer hunt I put the gun in my backpack scabbard while hiking up a steep hill to give him a break.  When I pulled it out of the scabbard I noticed the windage turret rolled.  There is no way that I know of to know which way it rolled.  Is there a cap or something I can do to provent this from happening again.   Lucky for him he put two in his first deers neck.  20” to the right, I guessed wrong.   

Welcome to my world.  8 shots later I realized what had happened:(

• Haha 1

Does the scope have adjustment lines under the turret so you can see where your at? Mine have lines so you know where your at.

13 minutes ago, jeffro said:

Does the scope have adjustment lines under the turret so you can see where your at? Mine have lines so you know where your at.

I have the same scope and had the same issue.   I got lucky and noticed it before I needed the gun and could zero my gun again to verify.   This scope will be leaving my life shortly.