bojangles

Black Friday links

7 hours ago, 452b264 said:

I have one of these an d used it on a late season elk hunt. It snowed, had sleet and it was cold out but I stayed warm. Very well made gear. 

https://www.skregear.com/product/ptarmigan-ultra-down/

What are you guys wearing for, say, Jan archery coues hunt type weather? Lows in the 30’s highs in the 60’s. Something that will hold up to the brush and cat claw type stuff. These expensive puffy jackets scare the heck out of me when i think about walking through an ocotillo patch in one. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:22 PM, codyhuntsaz said:

What are you guys wearing for, say, Jan archery coues hunt type weather? Lows in the 30’s highs in the 60’s. Something that will hold up to the brush and cat claw type stuff. These expensive puffy jackets scare the heck out of me when i think about walking through an ocotillo patch in one. 

Most of the time I have a wind proof layer over the puffy jacket, but not always. During my elk hunt I was into some thick thorny brush and oaks and thick forest and the material is tough, not once did it tear or pull threads from the jacket. The jacket looks brand new after all the brush I went through during my hunt. I dont hunt in ocotillo or the low desert. It also rolls into a tiny ball so it fits in your day pack very well, with a very high ratio of warmth to weight.  I would by this jacket again. 

10 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

https://kryptek.com/cadog-2-jacket

• Like 1

Danner has a site wide sale going on today.  25% off most items, some closeouts marked down much more.  

Kuiu has select items up to 50% off.  First Lite also as mentioned has some closeouts.

I have an LL Bean code for 20% off clothing and outer ware.

Eddie Bauer is doing 50% off everything.  I love their Guide Pro and Horizon Guide 5 pocket pants.

Backcountry.com has Marmot down bags on sale for 30% off with free shipping and no sales tax for AZ.

You can also get additional 12% cash rebate through ActiveJunky.com. Make sure that you clear your

browser history and cookies and close other web pages before clicking on Backcountry link on

ActiveJunky website in order to earn a cash rebate.