Sign in to follow this  
Daniel in Ak

Amanda I have an idea....

Just like on the Boone and Crockett web site they have a scoring sheet system,that when you put your measurements in there it totals it up for you.Pretty nice.

Have you thought of getting one here for the shed hunting forum? Only thing about B&C was you have to have a measurement from both sides,and while measuring some sheds last night of my coues,all I did was put zero's as the measurements since it was on antler. And it worked.Daniel

Daniel,

I appreciate the suggestion, but I already have pretty much the same thing in the scoring section. You can download a spreadsheet with has all the formulas for you. You can also use it without downloading, but it's easy enough to download then you have it on your computer whenever you want.

Check it out by going to this link: How to Score info

I have the scoresheet posted there in PDF format also, but if you want to enter numbers and get a score, look for the excel spreadsheets. Click on the excel spreadsheet link which is about 1/2 way down that page and it will pull up a score sheet for either a typical buck or a non-typical.

Also, if you want info on how to make correct measurements, it's there also.

Try it out and tell me if it works ok for you. I haven't had anyone comment one way or another about it.

Thanks again for your input and interest.

Amanda

Nice Amanda....there are some great pointers in there.I especially like'd the greatest spread measurement with the square.Daniel