Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

North of the River Muley's

C'mon guys and gals, I'm tired of looking at elk, I wanna see some big ol' floppy eared critters with happy hunters holding their antlers! With all the work we've been doing with the elk lately, I've actually forgotten about the tag I've got........did I mention I drew a Late Kaibab tag? :ph34r: :huh: :P

I really do not like going over to the other site to look at flop-ears, so please post up whatcha got to feed my hunger! Thanks, JIM>

Here's the Muley I took the last time I drew the Late 12AW tag. I should have held out, but Pops was with me and I "snow-plowed" him at about 100 yards on a dead run so it was very cool. I've wanted this tag ever since so I could finally get a respectable buck on the wall.....can't wait!!!

scan003300.jpg

You need to be like Chrissy and change your name...

mulerychasinpendejo is my vote.

Ain't gonna happen. Them floppy-eared critters could never hold a candle to the passion I've got for Coues....you know that. Just wanna fill that void on my wall and then I'll set another goal.......an archery Coues buck! That was originally my plan this year but the draw messed that up :lol:

Yeah, I understand... and "Excuse me father for I have sinned.... I have felt the urge to hang a 170+ muley on my wall..."

Here is the ONLY muley pic I have to offer. small 4x shed, but it has my ugly mug in it!

QuailSlam024.jpg

Dude...that thing is ugly! The shed is cool though ;)

Yeah, I understand... and "Excuse me father for I have sinned.... I have felt the urge to hang a 170+ muley on my wall..."

Here is the ONLY muley pic I have to offer. small 4x shed, but it has my ugly mug in it!

QuailSlam024.jpg

But at least you have a great shirt on!!!

Amanda

Here's the Muley I took the last time I drew the Late 12AW tag. I should have held out, but Pops was with me and I "snow-plowed" him at about 100 yards on a dead run so it was very cool. I've wanted this tag ever since so I could finally get a respectable buck on the wall.....can't wait!!!

scan003300.jpg

:rolleyes: As if that buck isn't respectable! I know you guys just got "The Elk" of all elk and now you probably want "The Muley" of all muleys, but that is a pretty respectable buck! Don't be so hard on yourself. ;) I would love to have a buck like that!

-Tracy

Mike, thats one heck of a muley set of sheds! I think if we see him on out archery hunt, we might have to go to quickdraw to see who gets to chase him! :D

I've posted these before, but since you asked. These are from our 2007 12AW hunt. Four bucks in three days up high in the summer range during the late hunt. The live buck is mine before I shot him.

Good luck on your hunt!

post-25-1216959496_thumb.jpg

post-25-1216959510_thumb.jpg

post-25-1216959529_thumb.jpg

post-25-1216959554_thumb.jpg

post-25-1216959574_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

west TX muley... aged by TX Parks&Wildlife biologist at 10 1/2 yrs..

he was an old timer.. his molars were worn down flush with the gums..

wtxmulie.jpg

Sorry Jim, no big boy pics from me in the muley dept.

Whoohooo! You guys are awesome, thanks for the photos! I remember all of em' except for Tysons big ol' archery flop-ear....were those ever posted? And Tam, I really hope I'm not huntin' up in the pines like you had to....I hate huntin' in the pines, but you did what you had to and got-r-done on great buck! And Johnnie, you know ever since I had your dad and your buck in my hands I have dreamt of the day I held my own....can't wait! Thanks guys, keep postin' even if they've been posted before!!! JIM>