07Guardian

Remember this.....

.....When you could buy your groceries and grab a thousand primers for 13 bucks while you were at the grocery store!  Sure do miss the good old days 😪

20210324_115701.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 07Guardian said:

.....When you could buy your groceries and grab a thousand primers for 13 bucks while you were at the grocery store!  Sure do miss the good old days 😪

20210324_115701.jpg

Yes I do

And if you were shopping at Smitty’s you could eat breakfast first for a couple bucks, including coffee!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bucks&bulls said:

And if you were shopping at Smitty’s you could eat breakfast first for a couple bucks, including coffee!

They also had one of the best thin crust pizzas in town. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Allforelk said:

They also had one of the best thin crust pizzas in town. 

Yeah can still vaguely smell the pizza. My dad would take me there when I was about 6 

• Like 2

Yup.  Pretty sure these primers came from Smitty's.  Still make the pistol go bang.  Found them in some of Dad's things when he passed last year.   Just loaded 300 of them.   Gonna be thinking of Dad and remembering those days at Smitty's when I shoot them this weekend 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, 07Guardian said:

Yup.  Pretty sure these primers came from Smitty's.  Still make the pistol go bang.  Found them in some of Dad's things when he passed last year.   Just loaded 300 of them.   Gonna be thinking of Dad and remembering those days at Smitty's when I shoot them this weekend 

That's pretty cool, dad left you primers during a shortage. I'm still shooting 30-06 rounds my dad reloaded close to 50 years ago

About a year ago I was going thru some of dad's tool boxes (at the start of the Covid fiasco) and found N95 masks he had for wood working. He's been a gone a few years but it still felt like he was trying to help out.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bucks&bulls said:

And get you hair cut!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

Smittys large pecan cinnamon rolls with a big gob of butter.  Breakfast heaven!

My first job was Smitty's! I17 & Bell. Great 3 years!

• Like 1

I think we had Smittys in Tucson, I know I've been in one somewhere. But I do recall the Fedmart off 22nd St.  One night me my dad and grandpa went in to buy grandpa a .22 pistol for snake control at his ranch.

I remember wandering over where the TVs for sale had Star Trek playing and watching Capt Kirk recite the preamble to our glorious 🇺🇸 Constitution. I thought how elegant, I need to know that.

That episode was a premier it was 3/1/1968.

Dad bought gramps a little West German .22 Peacemaker. I ended up with it 30 years ago but now it's out on loan to an ex for snake control. 

Yup, a Canook gets it, why can't more Americans?

• Like 3

I painted the exterior of a couple Smittys in the 80's.  We painted the red curb in front of the restaurant and strung yellow caution tape about knee high around it and people would step over the banner and right onto the wet paint as we were painting just a few feet away.  I think they were drawn by the smell of bacon and left their brains at home.

• Like 1