wfdyer1

SCAMMED What an idiot !!!

16 minutes ago, hunter72 said:

We really need to make it where you have to have 50 posts before you can use the classified ads.

It will only help cut down on the forsale adds and want add's by people who only come here to sell and buy stuff. which I'm cool with.

What it wont do is cut down on scammers and spammers. thats falls on each individual who answers them thinking they are going to get a good deal or some crap like that. there is absolutely nothing that anyone can do about it except the individual him or herself. like wise that's there problem and fault and no one else's.

I F with them. Lead them on, make them send pics, ect... It's fun to waste their time and make them work. Losers... would love to do a face to face with them. If you post a WTB add on here you'll be contacted by a scammer. Ed F

I pretty much only do Face to face. I am on another app and scams are so rampant that there are boards that exist just to call out scammers. You can check with the admins and they will give their two cents about if the person is real or not. Face to face seems best, which limits you to how far you want to drive. I like to drive so I am up for stuff if it strikes my fancy. That said I have my limits.

Geez ... this has been warned about ad nauseum.  Sorry it happened...but rule of thumb rules work for a reason.

I think I've started to agree that new posters should need a minimum number of posts before they can sell.  Until then anotget member would have to post for them.  Just sayin.....

Everyone keeps saying minimum posts before they can sell. That solves nothing. How hard is it to sign up and throw some posts out there. 

also in this case they didn’t post anything for sale. They contacted dude that got screwed and told him he knew someone who had what he was looking for. 

• Like 1

I've been buying and selling gun parts and guns for quite a few years and I've got to admit this is the first time I have ever been taken advantage of by anybody and I feel foolish enough as a result of it so I probably shouldn't have said anything or even warned anybody I should have just kept my mouth shut and let it go at that. To those of you that had something intelligent to say and helpful to say I appreciate it , the other immature idiots who have nothing better to do than to put people down for making a mistake you can kiss my butt. I don't mind taking a little ribbing I can laugh about it too but a couple of idiots are downright insulting and offensive. I'm sure you know who you are and if you don't then you have no class at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, wfdyer1 said:

I've been buying and selling gun parts and guns for quite a few years and I've got to admit this is the first time I have ever been taken advantage of by anybody and I feel foolish enough as a result of it so I probably shouldn't have said anything or even warned anybody I should have just kept my mouth shut and let it go at that. To those of you that had something intelligent to say and helpful to say I appreciate it , the other immature idiots who have nothing better to do than to put people down for making a mistake you can kiss my butt. I don't mind taking a little ribbing I can laugh about it too but a couple of idiots are downright insulting and offensive. I'm sure you know who you are and if you don't then you have no class at all.

Yeah stanley quit being so insulting and Offensive ;)

On 3/26/2021 at 12:43 PM, stanley said:

That scammer account has now been banned.

Everybody BEWARE!!!!  :( 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wfdyer1 said:

You said yourself that you are an idiot.  People are just agreeing with you.  Thank you for exposing the criminal.  Too many criminals get away with crimes because the victims dont want to say anything.  There should be a program to be able to trace people who post illegal ads.  Maybe a requirement that to play the internet sales game your required to give the website your name address and phone number.

PS dont feel bad you are not alone in the idiot dept.  

• Like 1

A good rule to use if they dont have 4/5 hundred posts and good feed back I dont even bother with them. There is a thread on rokslide about a guy who bought a gun for $1200 and never received his firearm. The scumbag made the mistake of using his dads address and the buyer used cashiers check, the buyer called the police and they went to the address he gave them turns out the son is a felon and dad turned him in. I havent followed up on the story but will soon. Another good rule is dont use electronic funds transfers unless you follow rule number 1.

• Like 1

This is a good and bad post. Good reminder to us on here be careful. Bad that you got scammed. Sucks for sure but I appreciate letting us know. 

• Like 2