Sign in to follow this  
dustin25

WTB shotgun

Anyone have a 3 1/2” capable shotgun they are lookin to sell? I decided I need one! Ideally would like to find an 870 super mag but I’m open to anything similar, 835, supernova, m887,even some lower dollar semi autos....Let me know what you have! I’m willing to pay a fair price , not looking for a steal, or pandemic prices. I’m in Tucson. Thanks!

Have you ever shot a 3.5 inch turkey load?  It will not take long before you realize 3" and even 2 3/4' turkey loads are plenty.  I literally saw stars every time I shot 3.5" loads.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, knothead said:

Have you ever shot a 3.5 inch turkey load?  It will not take long before you realize 3" and even 2 3/4' turkey loads are plenty.  I literally saw stars every time I shot 3.5" loads.

I have. Pretty stiff! Still want one, Id like to have the option to maximize range if I need to. Not only for turkeys either

3.5" loads are just abusive. I have some, but I have lit on off in 15 years because the 3" have done everything i needed. 

Man you guys are getting weak in your old age. ;)

I shoot mine alot with buck shot and turkey loads feels like a mild 12 gage 2-3/4 load. but then again I'm shooting a benille super black eagle too ;)

We shot 3.5" 2oz BB on cranes about a decade ago ... they got your attention.  You probably don't need those for turkey.  Crane? Maybe, but lead has gotten hard to find and the heavi-metal are really expensive.  Just call them in close. :D;)

3 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

We shot 3.5" 2oz BB on cranes about a decade ago ... they got your attention.  You probably don't need those for turkey.  Crane? Maybe, but lead has gotten hard to find and the heavi-metal are really expensive.  Just call them in close. :D;)

Yep I’m looking for turkey and crane... that’s where I like the 3.5 option!

I remember shooting that when I was a kid, Dad was an avid goose and duck hunter. he bought one of those bolt action marlins with the magazine. That gun did kick the crap out of you.

Dad use to shoot trap with it for fun and see who could bust the clay just before it hit the ground.

I Remember my son trying to take a standing pass shot while in the boat. Almost knocked him overboard , but sat him down in a hurry.

I always got second looks ,when meeting other turkey hunters. Mostly. What the heck kinda gun is that!