huntlines

Hunt proposal, more limited archery units

Just be glad we have a seperate system unlike colorado. Those guys will legally come harass you in the name of being a tree hugging hippy who is jurisdictional in both forest and game management. Arizona is still blessed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Me too man!!! We pushed all this pretty heavy back in 2011 and they stonewalled us. Made me walk away from being involved with Game and Fish hunt recommendations or the rule making process. Unless there is major outcry from the hunting community, they do what they want when they want. The only exception is when they start getting lawyer letters like the one SirRoyals group sent about trailcams. Those actually work from what I've seen. 

They want nothing to do with us. Had a very similar interaction. I wish a boycott for 1 year to show our value as hunters. But that wont happen. Unless California ban team rolls in.

• Like 1

Imagine if hunters used a complicated mathematical formula for duck and dove limits. They have no problems using simple math when they wanna hang a fella for a violation but when an unknown number of deer are killed across the season.  Well we know how that number is calculated. Fairy dust and a fake imaginary number. 

They look at the bottom line. Gold coins

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Me too man!!! We pushed all this pretty heavy back in 2011 and they stonewalled us. Made me walk away from being involved with Game and Fish hunt recommendations or the rule making process. Unless there is major outcry from the hunting community, they do what they want when they want. The only exception is when they start getting lawyer letters like the one SirRoyals group sent about trailcams. Those actually work from what I've seen. 

Was it 10 years ago that there was a meeting at La Placita in Buckeye with a bunch of their management?  Some of those guys were confrontational instead of looking for an opportunity to educate. Anything that was said that wasn't what they wanted to hear was met with a "we can"t." I walked away from there totally pissed off at the arrogance and air of superiority they displayed. Never again.

• Like 1

Might be the last year to shoot a coati, looks like they want to ban hunting them. 

12 minutes ago, creed said:

Was it 10 years ago that there was a meeting at La Placita in Buckeye with a bunch of their management?  Some of those guys were confrontational instead of looking for an opportunity to educate. Anything that was said that wasn't what they wanted to hear was met with a "we can"t." I walked away from there totally pissed off at the arrogance and air of superiority they displayed. Never again.

I remember it well. Brian Wakeling was much nicer one on one but I still got the same answers we got at LA Placita

3 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Also, Game and Fish only cuts rifle tags for 2 reasons. Either the buck:doe ratio has dipped lower than the prescribed minimum for the unit OR... they want to raise buck:doe ratios. If you look, they're cutting rifle tags in nearly every unit they cut archery hunts in. That tells me buck:doe ratios have dropped. 

Have they set the tag numbers for 2021 yet?  If so where can I find them?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, creed said:

Sucks that one bad experience with different commissioners than the current ones would make you give up on the process.  Might be exactly what the ones that were arrogant with you wanted.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Sucks that one bad experience with different commissioners than the current ones would make you give up on the process.  Might be exactly what the ones that were arrogant with you wanted.  

There was much more to it than one bad experience.

Gotcha!  That sucks!  Hopefully enough guys stand up and try and make a difference or we will continue on the same path we are on.  

25 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Might be the last year to shoot a coati, looks like they want to ban hunting them. 

I heard this. Where did you get this info?

2 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Gotcha!  That sucks!  Hopefully enough guys stand up and try and make a difference or we will continue on the same path we are on.  

I was not prepared for the politics that were involved. Also the resistance from some of the other wildlife organizations.  I decided I had better things to do than try to communicate with people that didn't want to communicate.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, zslayer said:

Have they set the tag numbers for 2021 yet?  If so where can I find them?

They haven't set tag numbers yet. Just recommended tag numbers. 

Here's the link to the hunt recommendations.

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/2021-Fall-Hunt-Recommendations-as-of-3-29-2021.pdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I heard this. Where did you get this info?

Left the coati off the fur-bearing recommendations?

A30D0DB9-5BB6-409A-8B50-1320ECF67F0F.jpeg