huntlines

Hunt proposal, more limited archery units

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Do you suppose those hunters are spaced out evenly across the state between all 3 seasons? Or do you think maybe theyre  concentrated in a few units during the prime time 

Did you read the rest of my post?  Literally says they hunt a few select units and usually only during january.

2 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

That guy is a lump of shitt.  His opinion is null and void since I doubt he hunts anything from his mom's basement.  

Huntharder For the win!

10 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Did you read the rest of my post?  Literally says they hunt a few select units and usually only during january.

No I didn’t 

16 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Unreliable? Unit 22 bear shuts down opening week every year. 

Who is reporting these sows being killed?

Thats a fair question, heres the deal on bear hunts when thet 1st went to the"shut down after xx days was called in. everyone waited till the last day to report there bear kill. it was widely known for those who shot female bears not to call it in until the last day(I think it was 2 weeks, G&F change the reporting time due to that if I recall about 4 years or so after. that way you got an extra week of hunting. before it was shut down. heck they didnt even have a archery season for bear in the early years.

38 minutes ago, 68OLDS said:

Unless you subscribe to one member’s outlandish opinion on this thread..that we all need to be biologists/economists otherwise we are totally clueless and our viewpoints are irrelevant!!!

Didnt you say you have a wildlife biology degree in a few posts back?

then you should know all about how standards work and how wildlife biologist use them and there purpose.,

Yes I will say most of the public is clueless again because they only care about getting a tag as long as they get a tag they dont care about anyone else.. you see it on this board and other hunting boards every year... we need to change the draw or change this or that cause I cant get drawn etc etc.

• Like 1

Does game and fish require wardens to have biology degrees?

3 minutes ago, Delw said:

Didnt you say you have a wildlife biology degree in a few posts back?

then you should know all about how standards work and how wildlife biologist use them and there purpose.,

Yes I will say most of the public is clueless again because they only care about getting a tag as long as they get a tag they dont care about anyone else.. you see it on this board and other hunting boards every year... we need to change the draw or change this or that cause I cant get drawn etc etc.

I just want to understand how and why they do things. I think as hunters we should want to learn as much as we possibly can about the animals we hunt. Part of that is understanding how they are managed. I still don't agree with the whole mandatory reporting thing but what do I know... lol... I got my good enough diploma.

41 minutes ago, Delw said:

I'm not proposing anything, other than saying whats wrong with harvest data by hunters.

So the alternative is to scrap the current model of using hunter harvest questionnaire and rely strictly on survey data alone?
I’m trying to ask you an honest question.  What’s a logical solution since you’re so adamant the current system is unreliable and inherently broken with people who are lying to only benefit themselves.  How would you go about “fixing” this system is all I’m saying.

Yes I have a degree in Conservation Biology, but that isn’t really very relevant to this discussion.  The point is the azgfd has a mandate to protect and make beneficial decisions for the wildlife resources in this state while taking into account the public’s viewpoints and concerns. 

12 minutes ago, 68OLDS said:

So the alternative is to scrap the current model of using hunter harvest questionnaire and rely strictly on survey data alone?
I’m trying to ask you an honest question.  What’s a logical solution since you’re so adamant the current system is unreliable and inherently broken with people who are lying to only benefit themselves.  How would you go about “fixing” this system is all I’m saying.

Yes I have a degree in Conservation Biology, but that isn’t really very relevant to this discussion.  The point is the azgfd has a mandate to protect and make beneficial decisions for the wildlife resources in this state while taking into account the public’s viewpoints and concerns. 

68olds

I never said the current system is unreliable. I always said the current system is the best system G&F has and it works. I even explained a bit on how it works, and the reasons for it as it was explained to me and a few others.(about 7 pages back)

What I did in fact say is that using the public ( like those who want to require it) will give you false data cause it wont be truthful once hunter figure out how to manipulate there answers to get more tags.

Maybe I didnt explain that well enough or you took it out of context due to others not reading what I wrote and just bitching too bitch like they usually do about G&F.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delw said:

AGAIN I will repeat it Harvest Data by hunters is unreliable because the lie to make numbers look good.

Delw, you literally just said this 1 hour ago.  

am I missing something here?  Help me understand because I’m pretty sure I’m reading that post correctly.  

7 minutes ago, Delw said:

Maybe I didnt explain that well enough or you took it out of context due to others not reading what I wrote and just bitching too bitch like they usually do about G&F.

I’ve read the every post on this thread, including yours.  Some definitely make more logical sense than others that’s for sure.

definitely not taking anything out of context and and MOST DEFINITELY NOT BITCHING about the game and fish DEPT.  Not sure where you’re going with that comment, but not liking some of the generalizations you’re making there bud.

27 minutes ago, Delw said:

68olds

I never said the current system is unreliable. I always said the current system is the best system G&F has and it works. I even explained a bit on how it works, and the reasons for it as it was explained to me and a few others.(about 7 pages back)

What I did in fact say is that using the public ( like those who want to require it) will give you false data cause it wont be truthful once hunter figure out how to manipulate there answers to get more tags.

So what is wrong with mandatory reporting and if you get caught lying you loose your hunting rights for 5 years? I don’t know anyone willing to give false information and loose their hunting privileges for that long. You keep saying hunters lie but if there was a consequence the far majority would not. the data would be much more rock solid than the aerial bull crap they use now.

Not to mention all the money they would save not paying companies to fly them.....

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

Unreliable? Unit 22 bear shuts down opening week every year. 

Who is reporting these sows being killed?

physically checked in

14 minutes ago, huntlines said:

So what is wrong with mandatory reporting and if you get caught lying you loose your hunting rights for 5 years? I don’t know anyone willing to give false information and loose their hunting privileges for that long. You keep saying hunters lie but if there was a consequence the far majority would not. the data would be much more rock solid than the aerial bull crap they use now.

Not to mention all the money they would save not paying companies to fly them.....

They have to get numbers on both sides. They have to know how many are out there... aerial surveys.... and they have to know how many bucks are killed.... mail surveys/mandatory reporting. Aerial surveys are actually more important because that's when they can count does and fawns... which are the true measure of herd health. Knowing how many bucks are killed is important so they can maintain target buck:doe ratios but... buck harvest isn't nearly as important to herd health as fawn recruitment. 

12 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Every Game and Fish Department in the west uses the same basic scientific tools I guess it's all bull crap.