Sign in to follow this  
meatviabow

Late Season Archery Bull tag Unit 22N

My buddies have had this tag year after year its a tuf  hunt.they have been lucky to take elk most years .like most have stated elk are going to be pressured but they still need food water and a source for cover .use what you've learned and work from there maps and Google earth work for finding good spots look for travel corridors.the elk you've seen so far probably ok definitely won't be there come time to hunt.but like all things they will move to cover and water. Good luck and keep scouting it will pay off!!!

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

Jack in the box in Payson is good place to start20210628_060416.thumb.jpg.9fee62b38befb14494bb98ff5e3f84c5.jpg

that time of year try at the edge of snow line if there is any. 

Don't F with big Ben. He's our Mayor.

39 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I think Mike was literally just trying to tell you that you might not like some of the responses you got (he was right by the way). Your OP asked where to go because you weren't trying to be around a ton of other people. There are dozens of….

Andrew coming in with high caliber & level headed advice!  Love it man and as always thanks for your contributions to the site. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Don't F with big Ben. He's our Mayor.

Didn’t know star valley had a jack in the box lololol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I think Mike was literally just trying to tell you that you might not like some of the responses you got (he was right by the way). Your OP asked where to go because you weren't trying to be around a ton of other people. There are dozens of podcasts and videos on this topic which don't require someone to type out a specific location on the internet where it can appear in every Google search for "Late Season archery Bull Tag 22N" for eternity. 

Yes, when people ask where to hunt, the reception is cold. But consider what you have invested in finding the elk you have so far. It requires time, gas, gear and effort. For most of us this is acquired over a lifetime of hunting and scouting. Each year habitat is reduced by some amount while tag numbers remain more or less stable. This means every year there are more people in a smaller area. That means that the knowledge that hunters have spent a lifetime gaining becomes more valuable every year. So try to understand where folks are coming from when they don't offer it up casually just because someone came on the internet and asked.

You've been offered some solid advice. You seem like you are off to a good start. Come back and share your experiences and I think you will find that people are more than willing to be helpful as you show your effort and interest.

Listen man, I get why people get upset but you're misrepresenting my original post. I was asking for general areas like "the rim". Not really a reason for anyone to get upset. You're really stretching to make "Mike" seem like he was trying to help me out. He's another dude who wants to put down people that are trying to learn the ropes. I can't stand that kind of attitude, it's why people don't get into hunting, and it makes hunters look bad. He's the last dude I want to meet on the trail or in the woods. "Watch videos and listen to podcasts", yeah thanks dude, like I'm not already doing that all the time. I won't be back. Plenty of other forums without losers like that guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meatviabow said:

Listen man, I get why people get upset but you're misrepresenting my original post. I was asking for general areas like "the rim". Not really a reason for anyone to get upset. You're really stretching to make "Mike" seem like he was trying to help me out. He's another dude who wants to put down people that are trying to learn the ropes. I can't stand that kind of attitude, it's why people don't get into hunting, and it makes hunters look bad. He's the last dude I want to meet on the trail or in the woods. "Watch videos and listen to podcasts", yeah thanks dude, like I'm not already doing that all the time. I won't be back. Plenty of other forums without losers like that guy.

Your loss dude.

Someone taught me a good lesson long ago… bring more than you take away.

• Like 3

You’re too sensitive bro get some thicker skin. Yeah you’re a new hunter so what you’re probably better than these guys that talk smack on here. You could get some good info if you talked to the right people.

but go somewhere else where they shoot rainbows out of their butt’s 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, idgaf said:

Democrat or Republican?

Independent, plays both side of the road. Next year someone gonna try to take him out of office, but he won't leave town. Payson and Star Valley same zip code. 85541

There is a lot to be learned from all those sources.You get a lot of info from just reading and listening.I'd agree people don't like to give up info on spots it's always going to be an issue.I've done it and took my buddies son into a spot way back in and the next year there was 4 guys he new that had been in and hunted there .shot a deer I'd watched for over a year .what pissed me off was the fact they thru the meat in a dirty cooler and then complained about it tasting like soap and thru it out.SO RULE OF THUMB IF YOU PLAN ON SHARING INFO REMEMBER THEY CAN AND WILL USUALLY DO THE SAME.YOUR LITTLE HIDDEN GEM WON'T BE FOR LONG.

• Like 1

If you plan on making hunting a passion for years to come, I suggest investing in a high quality pair of binoculars and a tripod. Locate your vantage points before the season starts. Hike to those spots way before the sun comes up. Make yourself comfortable and glass till your eyes can’t take it, then glass some more. Let your eyes do your hunting. 
Be prepared by having your gun sighted in for  a long shot. It’s very possible you will be shooting across a canyon. Also having a range finder is a must have. 
I’ve had the December 22N hunt quite a few times, and again this year. Lots of hunters. Be patient. Good luck!

Edited by Silver Bullet
Please delete. I thought this was a rifle hunt. Sorry.