tjhunt2

Losing Little by Little!

Major Changes/Proposed Changes/Recommended Closers

It’s been happening to us hunters for some time now. Slowly but surely we are losing more and more hunt opportunities and just not archery deer hunts. There are many reasons I’m not aware of but I’m leaning towards anti hunting pressure rather than (Hard Data/Facts) from AZGFD. Just my humble opinion!

TJ

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Edge said:

Hi TJ

Howdy Edge, been awhile since I’ve been on here.

Welcome back TJ! Good to see you back.

Just like COVID data is how you interpret it. They can spin it any way they want it to look. 

• Like 1

TJ!!! Great to see you here my friend. With the exploding population of the state I am convinced opportunity is headed for the toilet.

• Like 2

Good to see you back!  

We’ve got too dam many people in this country and world and it’s boiling down to a supply and demand.  The demand is up and the supply is going down.  Unfortunately it won’t get any better ever again.  We literally have just lived through “the good old days” of hunting in our country and I’m guessing most of us (myself included) were too busy thinking about the earlier “good old days” to notice it.  

• Like 7

TJ is great that you are back, going to the subject i think social media, websites like gohunt and other and some podcasts have tons of people from out of state coming here, i think some guys from gohunt did some you tube videos of hunts in january and how great the weather was, Randy Newberg also have some videos here in AZ.

• Like 1

Population and technology has both driven these changes IMO.  Way too many dang people and encroachment on habitat facilitate a need for more controls.. Then add all of the technology used to get into more places, shoot farther, scout 365, etc etc..  I think it is finally becoming a must and steps should have been taken years ago to reduce tags and unfortunately opportunity goes with that.  My .02

19 hours ago, Swivelhead said:

Good to hear from you TJ.  Curious, is your elk tag streak still alive?

Thanks Swivelhead, it’s good to be back on hear. The streak is still alive.

• Like 1

I haven't looked over the regs much yet but heard some chatter on it, in my little experience which is much less than most on here I would say the populations of deer are low. We get a lot of time in the hills and compared to say north of the canyon or other states most areas we have been are low on numbers. I agree they are missing some key ingredients in the changes i.e. non resident hunters during archery. And why limit archery and keep tons of rifle hunts. 

Oh and Hi TJ

• Like 1

Rifle hunters outnumber archery hunters and politicos control rifle hunters.  Add in libitards in increasing numbers.  Sleepy Joe in the basement got more votes than anyone ever before.  Even this web site is overrun with lefties and clueless.

• Like 1