Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Best sub $300 scope

So my friend is a cheap butt and just bought a Ruger predator. He is looking to put a scope on it, but he is cheap and the most I can probably talk him into is about $300. This will be for his first elk hunt this year. I think he would prefer hold over reticle or MOA instead of standard plex.

My go to in that range was the Redfield revolution, but those are now discontinued and they rebrand them to Leupold and marked them up 20% to call them leupolds. 

What say you? 

I found a Vortex Diamondback Tactical HP for my daughter’s predator for just under $300...we’ve been pleased with it so far. 

• Like 2

I would definitely get a bdc type reticle. He won't want to be twisting the knobs too much on a cheaper scope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

I found a Vortex Diamondback Tactical HP for my daughter’s predator for just under $300...we’ve been pleased with it so far. 

The vortex diamondback is a great budget scope. Not to mention the warranty is probably one of the best on the market. If your friend drops his rifle and breaks the scope, vortex will replace it for free.