Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Ride Now

Just now, JSR said:

the problem is, the BRO looked to be close to 40.

at least mid 30's.

I consider anyone under 40 as the younger set. This site has many examples. 😀

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Edge said:

Kevin, will you be my bro, bro? No homo....

I thought youd never ask. I will be your bro homey!

2 hours ago, JSR said:

It might have also been the flat brim, ear rings or the tribal arm band tattoo. I never could quite figure it out.

Sounds like it could have been the kid from crs firearms youtube channel.  I did subscribe to his channel but he definately seems like a frat boy douche.

I think the stuff people say just changes with time.  Bro, groovy, out of sight etc.  Its the older generations job to be annoyed by the younger one i think.   

• Like 1

I worked at Ride Now about 18 years ago for about two months.  They hired me because I knew utility quads (side by sides weren't that popular back then) and all their other sales people were mostly street bike and dirt bike guys.  I didn't fit in very well but I actually sold quite a few quads.  The culture was horrible and they were only focused on getting the sale RIGHT NOW.  Me and a couple of the other sales guys were on a team and I basically got all the leads for utility quads and I would hand off the the motorcycle clients to the other guys.  I am surprised they are still in business as well.   

9 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

I worked at Ride Now about 18 years ago for about two months.  They hired me because I knew utility quads (side by sides weren't that popular back then) and all their other sales people were mostly street bike and dirt bike guys.  I didn't fit in very well but I actually sold quite a few quads.  The culture was horrible and they were only focused on getting the sale RIGHT NOW.  Me and a couple of the other sales guys were on a team and I basically got all the leads for utility quads and I would hand off the the motorcycle clients to the other guys.  I am surprised they are still in business as well.   

That is typical of many vehicle sales operations, i.e. have a sales person & then a turn-over guy -- the closer. One of the worst businesses where I've encountered the pushiest of this sort of team effort was Camelback Toyota about 35 yrs. ago. As a result, I bought a Nissan. 

32 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

That is typical of many vehicle sales operations, i.e. have a sales person & then a turn-over guy -- the closer. One of the worst businesses where I've encountered the pushiest of this sort of team effort was Camelback Toyota about 35 yrs. ago. As a result, I bought a Nissan. 

This. Had a horrible experience at the Camelback Toyota finance dept while using their Costco Auto Buying program. Their rates and total amount financed on the TIL were equating to a monthly payment of $75 higher than the actual math should have read. Had to point that out to their finance manager three times before he took out some odd fees that were packed in. No bueno. Walked and went to Right Toyota on FLW. Was in and out of there in under an hour with a new truck. Amazing how some dealerships promote shady business practices and then get away with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yotebuster said:

I thought all vehicle salesmen were required to refer to their customer as “boss” or “bossman”. 

I freakin hate that!  

• Like 1

I absolutely LOVE when sales reps start off with calling me "boss" or whatnot.

In the same conversation I'll refer to them as:

Champ

Shooter

Tiger

Bud

Hoss

Big Dog

Maverick

Turbo

Chief

Ace

Sport

Amigo

It's so much fun!

• Haha 3

Ride now sucks.  I was ready to buy a utv.  Wasn’t sure about a turbo.  Wanted to test drive to compare it to non Turbo.   Asshole manager didn’t want to step out and facilitate it.   

they’re only good for their showroom.  Once you decide on a model go buy it in rye and save a few thousand.  

I've been in and around the car business for 31 years. Most of the idiots that refer to customers as boss, bro, amigo... whatever... only last about 90 days. I don't care how old the customer is, people don't like that crap and those idiots never get it. It's not generational either... only the names they use change. There are idiots in every generation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertguide said:

I've been in and around the car business for 31 years. Most of the idiots that refer to customers as boss, bro, amigo... whatever... only last about 90 days. I don't care how old the customer is, people don't like that crap and those idiots never get it. It's not generational either... only the names they use change. There are idiots in every generation. 

There's disrespectful idiots in every generation but I think it's gotten worse.

• Like 3