Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Getting goats!

The wife has a buddy that has too many goats. That means my wife get some goats for free. Spent the past couple of weekends building a pallet house, the feed store down the street gave them to me for free. As far as pallet houses go it’s OK, I’m hooking up the watering system today.

literally knowing nothing about goat, I agree to this.

Today is supposed to be the day that we get them. I took the opportunity to do some research about goats and what we might expect in the near future.

if anybody wants to send a prayer my way that would be appreciated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

The wife has a buddy that has too many goats. That means my wife get some goats for free. Spent the past couple of weekends building a pallet house, the feed store down the street gave them to me for free. As far as pallet houses go it’s OK, I’m hooking up the watering system today.

Today is supposed to be the day that we get them. I took the opportunity to do some research about goats and what we might expect in the near future.

I've always wanted a couple of goats to help with weeds etc on my 5 acre property but the upkeep seemed to outweigh the benefits :) prayers sent!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Shoot Boarman a message. He has quite a few of them and can probably answer all your questions.

• Like 1

I'm no expert but I do know 1 thing.

You'll be a goat poop expert ! They will poop anywhere and everywhere.!

hope you enjoy hearing.  Maaaaaa!

Goats can be assholes. On the upside though they eat empty soda cans so that opens up some feed options for ya.  

I had goats for yeas when our kids were small.  We never had any problems.  

I would let them hang out in the front yard with us and the dogs and when it was time to go in they would follow me to the gates and that was it.

We're got ours as babies but you can still coax  them with treat 's to train them. Just takes a little work .

20 hours ago, Eli said:

a buddy had just sent me this so maybe you are on to something 

That was absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1