Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

Didnt Creed get it around Christmas  I think he posted in march and still wasnt doing very well., he ended up getting a-fib too if I recall.

close friend of mines wife got it just before, she was sick for a week or 2, he and his adult kids tested positive but none got sick.

• Like 1

Had it in Dec.  Missed 2 days of work.   Felt really tired, and had a headache for a week.  Still can't smell unless it is really strong.

Got it Christmas eve from my 88 year old dad.  One night of chills and fever that was pretty intense, but felt better a day later.  No lasting effects and my dad got pneumonia at the end of his case, but is all better now. 

Had it a two months ago much like lance headaches, fever, no smell/taste lasted about a week and a half. it kicked up my asthma that hasn’t been an issue before the VID. Wife and kids all had it as well. Kids recovered within days wife was in the same boat as me. 

About 1/2 of my family had it over the holidays.  Myself, my wife, one daughter and one of her 3 year old twins were positive.  I had a slight headache and body aches for a couple days, my wife has been getting dizzy spells since than.  Otherwise no other symptoms.  I guess we were pretty lucky.

I had it in late November.  A week or so of feeling very crappy/fatigued, then a week or so of feeling just sort of 'off'.   Taste and smell went wonky, but didn't disappear. 

Strange thing for me, was that in January (as my taste/smell was slowly coming back, my taste buds started to get hyper-sensitive to spicy/salty/sour foods.  Basically, my tongue would feel like it was burning with even mild salty/spicy.  It sucks because like a lot of southern Arizona natives, I LOVE spicy food!  That has been slowly fading over the past several weeks, but still lingering a bit.

6 minutes ago, creed said:

Had it in January. Spent  some time in the hospital. I have permanent heart damage and still having symptoms even though I tested negative

Well I hope you are on the road to recovery. Sorry to hear about the heart damage. My son had Afib and had a bunch of heat attacks that landed him in Banner Desert for almost a month nad now has a pacemaker. His heart function had improved from 32% in 2016 to 37% at his last checkup in January. It takes a long time to recover. Anything like going hiking up hill or stair was a no go for him for a few years but he is getting better and hiked Camelback last year.

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Yotebusters post awhile back made me think.  Young dude loves to hike a bit and has possible permanent lung damage. Speaking of YB, id like to hear how you are doing now.  Honestly out of all the crap i have heard, you scared me the most.  When i hike hard i can hear my lungs wheeze already with no known lung issues (other then the sounds just mentioned)...

Sorry just saw this.  Thanks for asking! My weird taste stuff is almost all back to normal except I noticed my moms prime rib which is my favorite meal ever smelled like piss over Easter dinner.  I didn’t wanna say anything and offend her so I asked my wife on the drive home if the prime rib tasted different to her and she said it was excellent.  That sucks as it’s like my second favorite thing to eat!  

As far as my lungs go they are getting better.  I had heard that you can damage lungs and they’ll essentially grow elsewhere to recover so I dunno if that’s what’s happening or what, it’s been slow going but I’ve been riding stationary bike since it’s been cold here up until recently and now hiking our hills behind our house nightly and it’s getting better.  I’m getting some asthma like symptoms occasionally that I didn’t have before the rona so I keep an inhaler in my pickup in case that gets worse but so far so good.  I’m hoping I can be back to normal by elk season this year and hopefully improve my fitness after that from where I was as I’ve got a NWT trip planned in aug 2022.  

• Like 2

I had it in January. Mild symptoms at first. Then I developed severe central sleep apnea. Thousands of dollars later, and several sleep studies, I’m starting to get it under control. Went 5 nights without a single second of sleep at my worst, due to insane panic attacks when I’d just start to fall asleep. Pretty darn miserable. Might have been a complete coincidence, but doctors are unsure. At the same time I got the COVID and the apnea, I had multiple blood draws which went crazy for no apparent reason. Alt numbers crazy high like liver failure, white blood count numbers almost at zero, and multiple other weird things. All have since returned to perfect, and again no explanation from doctors. It’s been a wild ride. I’m back to feeling 60%, and I’m finally getting regular sleep. 

• Wow! 1

Had it in January. My symptoms were not that bad. Lost my taste, smell and had a massive headache. Wife and kids had it really bad!! Nebulizer help them out tremendously with there breathing. Did everything I/we could to keep them all out of the hospital. Seems once you go in there you don’t come back out.

Glad to see for the most part people recovered well from it.  My mom just found out she has it yesterday. No fever yet she just feels kind of crappy. I was worried about her since she's had breast cancer twice now.  

I'm not sure i understand the hysteria behind this disease.  People quickly surrender basic human/constitutional rights to avoid getting sick.  I read a published study over the weekend stating that wearing masks increased the odds of contracting covid, because it prevents you from expelling the virus orally.   A casual observation reveals this pandemic is more about control, and less about health.

It seems that primary gut health, blood sugar regulation, avoiding inflammatory foods, and having a nutrient dense diet is all you need to combat this disease.  

I'm pretty sure i had it, but did not get tested.  Lost my sense of smell for a few days.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I do not like the hysteria around it, or the stripping of rights or all the mask BS. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. The only way to try to protect yourself is complete isolation. That being said, it is a real virus. It did not hit me that hard but I knew I was sick and I knew it was not the flu or anything I've had before. it hit me for a couple days, then i started to feel better then it hammered me pretty hard on about day 5 or 6. After that I recovered pretty quickly. It might just be my own brain but I still don't feel as good as I did before I got it and that was 4 months ago. I wouldn't say I feel sick or anything, just off. Does anyone else just kinda feel "off" since you recovered? foggy, lethargic, bouts of nausea? 

• Like 3