Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

I got it being of December should of went to the hospital, but I fought with my wife I told her I’d rather die at home! I’m now what they consider a long hauler walking a block if I’m lucky, vomiting one or two days a week, racing heart beat, no taste, no smell and always tired.

Doctors have no clue how to help me, but on good note chest x-rays for the last three times show normal. I have read where long haulers a year later are still fighting this. I missed 4 weeks of work went back to get laid off two days later lol. 

My wife tested positive for antibodies so she had it but never showed any sickness, god was watching over her to take care me and that I am great full for. I have read getting the vaccine as help with the long haulers feeling better and some have said that they feel they’re back to 90 % and I’m scheduled for my first shot this coming Monday I’m hoping for the same results, but not holding my breath lol.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bojangles said:

I'm not sure i understand the hysteria behind this disease.  People quickly surrender basic human/constitutional rights to avoid getting sick.  I read a published study over the weekend stating that wearing masks increased the odds of contracting covid, because it prevents you from expelling the virus orally.   A casual observation reveals this pandemic is more about control, and less about health.

It seems that primary gut health, blood sugar regulation, avoiding inflammatory foods, and having a nutrient dense diet is all you need to combat this disease.  

I'm pretty sure i had it, but did not get tested.  Lost my sense of smell for a few days.  

Would be great to keep it to the point of the thread, as opposed to hi-jacking.  Plenty of room for another thread to vent about mask mandates, etc. ;)      If you really had it, good deal to be one of the lucky folks with fairly benign symptoms.

2 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I do not like the hysteria around it, or the stripping of rights or all the mask BS. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. The only way to try to protect yourself is complete isolation. That being said, it is a real virus. It did not hit me that hard but I knew I was sick and I knew it was not the flu or anything I've had before. it hit me for a couple days, then i started to feel better then it hammered me pretty hard on about day 5 or 6. After that I recovered pretty quickly. It might just be my own brain but I still don't feel as good as I did before I got it and that was 4 months ago. I wouldn't say I feel sick or anything, just off. Does anyone else just kinda feel "off" since you recovered? foggy, lethargic, bouts of nausea? 

GreayGhost85, for me the primary impact has been the lingering affect on my taste (hyper sensitive to spicy/salty).  That being said though, yes, I have felt a little 'off' as well.  Am trying to chalk it up to being work at home and basically not eating as well as I used to.  Trying to get back closer to my healthy eating habits, exercise, hot yoga, etc,, and hoping that will help get me back to normal.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I do not like the hysteria around it, or the stripping of rights or all the mask BS. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. The only way to try to protect yourself is complete isolation. That being said, it is a real virus. It did not hit me that hard but I knew I was sick and I knew it was not the flu or anything I've had before. it hit me for a couple days, then i started to feel better then it hammered me pretty hard on about day 5 or 6. After that I recovered pretty quickly. It might just be my own brain but I still don't feel as good as I did before I got it and that was 4 months ago. I wouldn't say I feel sick or anything, just off. Does anyone else just kinda feel "off" since you recovered? foggy, lethargic, bouts of nausea? 

I still don't feel 100% since I've had it. My son and I got it back in December. Both of us felt like we had a bad cold with a headache in the center of our brain. Worst headache I've ever had. Since then I get winded easily and have a foggy head.

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

I'm not sure i understand the hysteria behind this disease.  People quickly surrender basic human/constitutional rights to avoid getting sick.  I read a published study over the weekend stating that wearing masks increased the odds of contracting covid, because it prevents you from expelling the virus orally.   A casual observation reveals this pandemic is more about control, and less about health.

It seems that primary gut health, blood sugar regulation, avoiding inflammatory foods, and having a nutrient dense diet is all you need to combat this disease.  

I'm pretty sure i had it, but did not get tested.  Lost my sense of smell for a few days.  

The stripping of rights, government control, small businesses ruined, and hysteria is absolute garbage. But don’t kid yourself that it isn’t real. Maybe you can tell us how bad rubella is, or how bad mumps is, or some other viral ailments you may or may not have had? 

• Like 1

For those of you have lingering issues, I hope you are able to make a full recovery.  My wife and I had our second shot last Wednesday, counting to the two week mark for hopefully the full 96% efficiency.  Even then, I will be respectful of social distancing  and continue wearing a mask.  We were fortunate and had not caught it, several family members had and recovered.   Douchey's  calling all clear is a bunch of crap, I see stupid every day going to the grocery store and my place of work.  It aint over yet. Hopefully enough people will vaccinate that the spread slows down and it tends to be less of an issue for all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bojangles said:

Really? I wish it was that simple. For you long haulers there are some support groups on Facebook and lots of good info there. Unfortunately some of those people are going on 15 months and there’s nothing the medical field can do to help them.

• Like 1

Got it 3 weeks ago.  I got the new symptom that is making the rounds which was uncontrollable itchiness from my head to toes.  It looked like I was flogged from scratching so much.  I felt like I time traveled as I slept a ridiculous amount for a week, but that may have been due to the copious amount of Benadryl I was taking for the itchiness.  My taste and smell are definitely muted and intermittent.  Fun Times!  Luckily, I didn’t have a cough or breathing issues.

24 minutes ago, Hookset said:

Got it 3 weeks ago.  I got the new symptom that is making the rounds which was uncontrollable itchiness from my head to toes.  It looked like I was flogged from scratching so much.  I felt like I time traveled as I slept a ridiculous amount for a week, but that may have been due to the copious amount of Benadryl I was taking for the itchiness.  My taste and smell are definitely muted and intermittent.  Fun Times!  Luckily, I didn’t have a cough or breathing issues.

Interesting. I’ve been having to take Benadryl at night to keep my throat from itching. I still can’t eat a1 sauce. Lol

40 minutes ago, creed said:

Really? I wish it was that simple. For you long haulers there are some support groups on Facebook and lots of good info there. Unfortunately some of those people are going on 15 months and there’s nothing the medical field can do to help them.

+1

I would like to know what "inflammatory" food is.   Had some jalapenos two days ago that may qualify, but not sure.  

1 hour ago, PowellSixO said:

The stripping of rights, government control, small businesses ruined, and hysteria is absolute garbage. But don’t kid yourself that it isn’t real. Maybe you can tell us how bad rubella is, or how bad mumps is, or some other viral ailments you may or may not have had? 

I didn’t say it wasn’t bad.  Most Americans have insulin resistance to a degree and high levels of inflammation in their bodies from eating poor quality foods and over eating.  When you’re body is at war trying to fight inflammation and battling blood sugar and insulin resistance, if you get a virus, it’s very bad news.  

check out dr axe’s book, “Eat dirt.”  It’s a great read on the current American diet.  I listen to his podcast also.  

Never been tested. Was pretty sick last February, missed 2 days of work just as a precaution. If it was normal year, I wouldn’t have missed 1 day.

maybe I haven’t had it, but I must have been exposed to it by now considering I’ve done nothing to prevent getting it

4 minutes ago, stanley said:

+1

I would like to know what "inflammatory" food is.   Had some jalapenos two days ago that may qualify, but not sure.  

Inflammatory foods are like gluten, and gmo corn and soy beans, anything with casein protein in excessive amounts, and milk.

14 minutes ago, stanley said:

+1

It appears I'm the poster child for inflammatory foods. 🤣

From Healthline:

Here are some examples of foods that have been linked to increased levels of inflammation:

• Junk foods: fast food, convenience meals, potato chips, pretzels
  • Refined carbohydrates: white bread, pasta, white rice, crackers, flour tortillas, biscuits
  • Fried foods: french fries, donuts, fried chicken, mozzarella sticks, egg rolls
  • Sugar-sweetened beverages: soda, sweet tea, energy drinks, sports drinks
  • Processed meats: bacon, beef jerky, canned meat, salami, hot dogs, smoked meat
  • Trans fats: shortening, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, margarine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bojangles said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t bad.  Most Americans have insulin resistance to a degree and high levels of inflammation in their bodies from eating poor quality foods and over eating.  When you’re body is at war trying to fight inflammation and battling blood sugar and insulin resistance, if you get a virus, it’s very bad news.  

check out dr axe’s book, “Eat dirt.”  It’s a great read on the current American diet.  I listen to his podcast also.  

Think I read that 78% of hospitalized people for covid were obese. But then again, I think about 80% of our population is obese 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

For those of you have lingering issues, I hope you are able to make a full recovery.  My wife and I had our second shot last Wednesday, counting to the two week mark for hopefully the full 96% efficiency.  Even then, I will be respectful of social distancing  and continue wearing a mask.  We were fortunate and had not caught it, several family members had and recovered.   Douchey's  calling all clear is a bunch of crap, I see stupid every day going to the grocery store and my place of work.  It aint over yet. Hopefully enough people will vaccinate that the spread slows down and it tends to be less of an issue for all.

Ducey didn't call all clear, he just made the informed decision to allow people to have independence. Look at the #s between Cali and Florida. One called for masks and shutdown mandates and one didn't at least not as much.  Guess what the rate of infection is statistically identical. Masks are not the end all to stop the spread. The spread has significantly slowed down since January and will continue to do so. The vaccine has HUGE promise, I've been very skeptical from the beginning but I'm becoming a believer, the research and data is compelling, Especially in already compromised and elderly patients. I got the vaccine for a purely business reason but am more and more recommending it to people. It simply is working. The vaccine at least pfizer and moderna are also very very effective against the EEEK and NELLY strains of the virus. J and J is almost equally and the astra vaccine is not. 

I have a small dental office of 5 full time and 4 part time employess and not a single one of us or family members got Covid, except we think we all did Nov and Dec of 2019. All lost our taste and smell but at the time Covid wasn't a thought at all. Since then not one of us as been out sick, well I got fairly sick on my 2nd dose of the vaccine, but wasn't sick enough to take the day off. 

• Like 1