Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

Question to those who got the virus. If you had not contracted it at this point would you get the vaccine , Pfizer vaccine that is since it seems to be the best one. 

question to anyone who has commented ,,, have you been around a local hospital when a surge of Covid patients was coming in?

1 minute ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Question to those who got the virus. If you had not contracted it at this point would you get the vaccine , Pfizer vaccine that is since it seems to be the best one. 

question to anyone who has commented ,,, have you been around a local hospital when a surge of Covid patients was coming in?

Pfizer and Moderna are about equal in efficacy, the research shows that if you already have had COVID, 1 dose of the vaccine would be adequate. We will see if that hold true in the next few months. 

Fellow outdoorsmen/women,

I would first like to express my condolences to any who may have lost someone to this virus and for those that continue to deal with challenges from it. I pray for your endurance and speedy recovery. 

Despite all the varied opinions on best prevention, rights, and other nonsense the one thing that is certain is this has taken its toll physically, psychologically, and emotionally on people especially our young ones and elderly. We can't control alot of things but what we all can do is treat each other with dignity and respect. We never know what it took for that other person just to get out of bed each day. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Let go of old grudges. Tell our family everyday that we love them. Teach our kids to do good deeds for our elderly community. Be humble enough to allow ourselves to be wronged for the sake of peace. 

Stay safe and shoot straight, Mark

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Ducey didn't call all clear, he just made the informed decision to allow people to have independence. Look at the #s between Cali and Florida. One called for masks and shutdown mandates and one didn't at least not as much.  Guess what the rate of infection is statistically identical. Masks are not the end all to stop the spread. The spread has significantly slowed down since January and will continue to do so. The vaccine has HUGE promise, I've been very skeptical from the beginning but I'm becoming a believer, the research and data is compelling, Especially in already compromised and elderly patients. I got the vaccine for a purely business reason but am more and more recommending it to people. It simply is working. The vaccine at least pfizer and moderna are also very very effective against the EEEK and NELLY strains of the virus. J and J is almost equally and the astra vaccine is not. 

I have a small dental office of 5 full time and 4 part time employess and not a single one of us or family members got Covid, except we think we all did Nov and Dec of 2019. All lost our taste and smell but at the time Covid wasn't a thought at all. Since then not one of us as been out sick, well I got fairly sick on my 2nd dose of the vaccine, but wasn't sick enough to take the day off. 

He may as well have.... that very  afternoon after his announcement, , people were flooding into our store without masks, and stating" I dont have to wear one".  No one heard the part about" it will be up to the individual business as to whether they require one ".   Bars are back to being nuts to butts.  For those of us who care about our coworkers and friends who need to work and make a living, the "independent" people   are actually the "inconsiderate"

1 minute ago, NOTAGS said:

He may as well have.... that very  afternoon after his announcement, , people were flooding into our store without masks, and stating" I dont have to wear one".  No one heard the part about" it will be up to the individual business as to whether they require one ".   Bars are back to being nuts to butts.  For those of us who care about our coworkers and friends who need to work and make a living, the "independent" people   are actually the "inconsiderate"

Your patronizing attitude is one of the problems, those holier than thou attitudes that no one cares as much as I do are causing a huge increase in domestic abuse/violence, increase in teen and young adult suicides' and depression. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Inflammatory foods are like gluten, and gmo corn and soy beans, anything with casein protein in excessive amounts, and milk.

Red farm raised meat

Some people are definitely patronizing. But not everybody that calls people out for being inconsiderate and self centered is patronizing. It’s called holding people accountable, which seems to be a big no no in america these days...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

I'm sure folks did that.  But oh man, if the only way to get folks to be "considerate" is a government mandate, I'll suffer through the lack thereof.  With that said- people are extreme on both ends of it.  If a business says "no shirt, no shoes, no service"- I comply.  Same with masks.  However, I don't wear one on the hiking trail when passing somebody is a 10 second adventure.  Folks who scream "your killing me" when they see someone without a mask are just as nuts and folks who scream "I don't have to wear one" when a business requires it.  I just wish people would chill a bit, make some reasonable decisions, and not get all weirded out when someone has a slightly different take on things.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, dustin25 said:

Some people are definitely patronizing. But not everybody that calls people out for being inconsiderate and self centered is patronizing. It’s called holding people accountable, which seems to be a big no no in america these days...

I think people that are set on keeping covid regulations are the self centered ones. So it can go either way 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Inflammatory foods are like gluten, and gmo corn and soy beans, anything with casein protein in excessive amounts, and milk.

Ya, I get you.  Was of course mainly just making a lame joke about how jalapenos inflame me. ;)

For sure I'm a believer in trying to eat natural-healthy foods to the extent that I can.  VERY scary what ends-up in canned foods, and I avoid canned/processed foods to the extent that I can.  I have gravitated towards lots of veggies & protein, and lower carbs & simple sugars.  (Though I cheat a little too much on the simple sugars thing....)

• Like 1

I haven't had the Covid, but as a frontline healthcare worker, I'll  share my personal and professional perspective. I had 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine in December and January and had the chills, body-ache and felt like crap for weeks after the first dose. My wife was in the Moderna trial and had no symptoms. Neither of us have gotten the Covid yet. I have lots of friends and acquaintances who've had the virus. All but one had minor to moderate symptoms. The one exception was a 45 year old, very healthy and fit man. He ended up on a ventilator and on ECMO and they told his wife he wasn't going to make it. He survived and doing better after many months. While it's true that the majority of those who get critically ill from Covid weren't the healthiest to start with (the morbidly obese and diabetic populations were hit really hard), there's exceptions like my friend. 

I work as an ICU nurse, and I've seen the worst of it first hand. Thank God the Covid numbers are way down and things are back to "normal" at my hospital, but it was a rough 8 months or so, and I admit I was feeling the stress. There just weren't enough nurses or respiratory therapists. Every 12-hour shift I was doing 3 people's jobs with twice twice the normal patient load. Covid patients that ended up in the ICU had a 5% survival rate. 

Just now, MuggyMan said:

I haven't had the Covid, but as a frontline healthcare worker, I'll  share my personal and professional perspective. I had 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine in December and January and had the chills, body-ache and felt like crap for weeks after the first dose. My wife was in the Moderna trial and had no symptoms. Neither of us have gotten the Covid yet. I have lots of friends and acquaintances who've had the virus. All but one had minor to moderate symptoms. The one exception was a 45 year old, very healthy and fit man. He ended up on a ventilator and on ECMO and they told his wife he wasn't going to make it. He survived and doing better after many months. While it's true that the majority of those who get critically ill from Covid weren't the healthiest to start with (the morbidly obese and diabetic populations were hit really hard), there's exceptions like my friend. 

I work as an ICU nurse, and I've seen the worst of it first hand. Thank God the Covid numbers are way down and things are back to "normal" at my hospital, but it was a rough 8 months or so, and I admit I was feeling the stress. There just weren't enough nurses or respiratory therapists. Every 12-hour shift I was doing 3 people's jobs with twice twice the normal patient load. Covid patients that ended up in the ICU had a 5% survival rate. 

My mother works as a respiratory therapist and that's 100 percent true. She says the same thing. It's tough. Had the same issues with the vaccine too. I'm glad things are on their way to being better

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntHike61 said:

I'm sure folks did that.  But oh man, if the only way to get folks to be "considerate" is a government mandate, I'll suffer through the lack thereof.  With that said- people are extreme on both ends of it.  If a business says "no shirt, no shoes, no service"- I comply.  Same with masks.  However, I don't wear one on the hiking trail when passing somebody is a 10 second adventure.  Folks who scream "your killing me" when they see someone without a mask are just as nuts and folks who scream "I don't have to wear one" when a business requires it.  I just wish people would chill a bit, make some reasonable decisions, and not get all weirded out when someone has a slightly different take on things.

Totally agree, other then that I don’t think it should take any government action to make people do the right thing. People surrounding people shoul hold each other accountable, and that just dosent happen nearly enough.... hence the wacky extremes on both sides

18 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

I've been really unlucky. Had it twice! Once in June another in December. Just was just a slight fever in June. December was a 4 week call out from work and a week in the hospital

You're an example of a young, healthy guy that got it bad enough to be hospitalized. Glad you're doing better now.