Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

Other than being in her 70's my Mom is one of the healthiest people I ever met and COVID kicked her butt hard but she is back to about 90% I'd say. My inlaws have both had cancer, both have diabetes, both obese, both got COVID. My MIL 3x ovarian cancer survivor was in the hospital for a couple of days to keep an eye on her and was otherwise fine and my FIL had the shits for a day and was fine otherwise except the smell and taste stuff you guys are talking about. This thing is weird man.

30 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Your patronizing attitude is one of the problems, those holier than thou attitudes that no one cares as much as I do are causing a huge increase in domestic abuse/violence, increase in teen and young adult suicides' and depression. 

I dont consider myself patronizing .  Actually the opposite.   I think schools should be opened up, and kids and teachers  should be going back to the work place and lockdowns are b. s.  However, I feel that  if something as simple and as  insignificant as wearing a mask in a public place ( and no, I am not a fan of  wearing masks) can remotely slow down  the spread and prevent more  people from contracting  COVID and possibly having long term damage,  then   why  not?  Until more of the population gets vaccinated, it can only help.

I merely stated that Deuceys proclamation made a lot of people think they could do whatever they choose to.  And I do feel that people who choose to go into markets or business that request mask usage without one are being inconsiderate of those who are concerned with their own safety.  Even after my vaccination is supposed to be at full protection, I will still wear a mask in public buildings out of respect for others. It's not that big a deal to me.

• Like 4

I have a few medically ignorant questions regarding the vaccine. Is the vaccine a mild dose of the actual virus? Would someone who gets the vaccine and develops symptoms be contagious? Should the vaccinated be quarantined for 2 weeks? 

Remember when covid was new and they were just starting to wreck the economy and every single case was reported on the news. “A bag boy at Safeway on such a such street has tested positive.” Lmao 

My wife (41) had it and it kicked her butt. It's been 8 months and her taste a smell are still goofy. My daughter (15) had It and it lasted a week. Felt like a bad cold. My baby girl (1) and I (47) were both exposed when the wife and daughter had it and never showed a symptom. China engineered this virus to be really weird. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

I merely stated that Deuceys proclamation made a lot of people think they could do whatever they choose to. 

Like they should have been able to do since day 1. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, MuggyMan said:

I work as an ICU nurse, and I've seen the worst of it first hand. Thank God the Covid numbers are way down and things are back to "normal" at my hospital, but it was a rough 8 months or so, and I admit I was feeling the stress. There just weren't enough nurses or respiratory therapists. Every 12-hour shift I was doing 3 people's jobs with twice twice the normal patient load. Covid patients that ended up in the ICU had a 5% survival rate. 

If someone who hasn't had the vaccine goes to ER and winds up being admitted, will the hospital give them a shot?? 

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

I have a few medically ignorant questions regarding the vaccine. Is the vaccine a mild dose of the actual virus? Would someone who gets the vaccine and develops symptoms be contagious? Should the vaccinated be quarantined for 2 weeks? 

I don't believe its the actual virus. Its a mRNA vaccine that instructs your body to create the exact stuff to fight it is the way I understand it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

No its not actual virus, not contagious and not the same symptoms, no need to be quarantined. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

If someone who hasn't had the vaccine goes to ER and winds up being admitted, will the hospital give them a shot?? 

Not currently administering Covid vaccine at hospital where I work.  I had to get mine offsite. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Delw said:

Didnt Creed get it around Christmas  I think he posted in march and still wasnt doing very well., he ended up getting a-fib too if I recall.

close friend of mines wife got it just before, she was sick for a week or 2, he and his adult kids tested positive but none got sick.

Going in the 22nd for an ablation. Hope it works. I have no desire to be on heart meds the rest of my life.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Going in the 22nd for an ablation. Hope it works. I have no desire to be on heart meds the rest of my life.

And what does that entail?

4 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

And what does that entail?

I had to look it up as I was curious also.

https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/arrhythmia/prevention--treatment-of-arrhythmia/ablation-for-arrhythmias

Catheter ablation is a procedure that uses radiofrequency energy (similar to microwave heat) to destroy a small area of heart tissue that is causing rapid and irregular heartbeats. Destroying this tissue helps restore your heart’s regular rhythm. The procedure is also called radiofrequency ablation.

1 hour ago, creed said:

Good luck man.