Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

51 minutes ago, bojangles said:

wearing the mask increases your risk of getting the disease, by weakening your body's first line of defense against viruses.  You can't expel the virus orally with a mask on.

Ummm....   Huh???  🙄🤪

Exactly where did you hear or read that???     'Expelling the virus orally' has absolutely NOTHING to do with your body's first line of defense against viruses.    If you are expelling a virus orally from your body, you already have it.   In fact you just made the argument for wearing one, by indicating you can't expel the virus orally with a mask on. ;)  

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Ummm....   Huh???  🙄🤪

Exactly where did you hear or read that???     'Expelling the virus orally' has absolutely NOTHING to do with your body's first line of defense against viruses.    If you are expelling a virus orally from your body, you already have it.   In fact you just made the argument for wearing one, by indicating you can't expel the virus orally with a mask on. ;)  

I read it in a recent published medical study.  Your body's first line of defense to rid itself of a virus is to expel it through the mouth.  This does not mean that you have contracted the virus.  It's why you sneeze.  If you are wearing a mask, it allows the virus to incubate in your mouth, and reproduce, without the chance of expulsion.  

I understand what you are saying, but that's not how it works exactly.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Is there any evidence that masks work? 

A simple Google search will show you evidence that purports masks work.   Another simple Google search will show you evidence that purports they do not work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Is there any evidence that masks work? Seems the people that don’t wear them are the ones that don’t get sick 

4 hours ago, bojangles said:

wearing the mask increases your risk of getting the disease, by weakening your body's first line of defense against viruses.  You can't expel the virus orally with a mask on.

by wearing the mask, it allows the virus to incubate inside your mouth.  your body's first defense against a virus is to expel it, sometimes by sneezing or coughing, or even just breathing.  This does not mean you have contracted the disease, it's just your body trying to expel the virus before it takes hold.  If you are wearing a mask, that can't happen.  This was in a published medical study i read over the weekend.  

Sorry for the late response. But masks aren't much of a protective measure for the person who wears it. It's more for those around them. Like someone said earlier it reduces the range of those micro droplets when we breath, sneeze or talk. That's how they tend to help. I wear it in an attempt to help those around me. Doesnt garuntee anything. But when I walk by someone in a grocery store it can help lower the chance of someone else getting sick

15 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I wear it in an attempt to help those around me. Doesnt garuntee anything. But when I walk by someone in a grocery store it can help lower the chance of someone else getting sick

then hopefully youre wearing 2 masks, they recommend that to lower the chance of you infecting others in the grocery store

27 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

then hopefully youre wearing 2 masks, they recommend that to lower the chance of you infecting others in the grocery store

I refuse lol. I'll wear A mask but I dont support suffocating people. Why dont we all just hold our breath in when we go to the store?

• Haha 1

Just now, mc68 said:

If you’re not sick what are you worried about protecting them from???

Theres a few days between when you get the virus where you can spread it and have no symptoms. Also some people dont get symptoms and still spread it. I had no symptoms christmas eve and got my girlfriends whole family sick because I was around them before I had any issues at all!

8 hours ago, AZkiller said:

😂 if I spit on you it shouldn't get through your mask. If they worked why were there the same spikes in states with mandates vs states without? As for fat peeps. Yeah it is but Rona is worse for fat peeps so don't be fat. The biggest failure of our government during this entire plandemic was not fat shaming people. That should have been done out of the gates.

You would have to take your gag ball out.

2 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Theres a few days between when you get the virus where you can spread it and have no symptoms. Also some people dont get symptoms and still spread it. I had no symptoms christmas eve and got my girlfriends whole family sick because I was around them before I had any issues at all!

What if they had it first, but did not show, because incubation.  

There is always another side of the coin.

Don't look at every piece of glass like a mirror.

1 minute ago, galiuro mountain man said:

What if they had it first, but did not show, because incubation.  

There is always another side of the coin.

Don't look at every piece of glass like a mirror.

It's different for each person and how each body reacts is different. Like I said WAAYYY earlier I had a slight fever in June was all. Never gave it to anyone. Then in december got it again and had it really bad. I'm aware it's different for different people. 

But to answer your question you cant spread it in incubation. But it can incubate in a few hours or 14 days until you show first symptoms. Because you don't have symptoms doesnt mean you dont have it. That's the meaning on A-Symtomatic and you can still spread like that

10 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

You would have to take your gag ball out.

😆 I'm guessing I hit that fat azz cord 😆!