Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

5 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

It's different for each person and how each body reacts is different. Like I said WAAYYY earlier I had a slight fever in June was all. Never gave it to anyone. Then in december got it again and had it really bad. I'm aware it's different for different people. 

But to answer your question you cant spread it in incubation. But it can incubate in a few hours or 14 days until you show first symptoms. Because you don't have symptoms doesnt mean you dont have it. That's the meaning on A-Symtomatic and you can still spread like that

Good, I'm glad there is a virologist on site.  

To this day, nobody really knows the ways it's spread.  

So many unanswered questions,and people with answers.

At the end of the day, I hope we make it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Is there any evidence that masks work? Seems the people that don’t wear them are the ones that don’t get sick 

So. No masks needed in the OR? Maybe just increase the air exchange per hour?

11 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

So. No masks needed in the OR? Maybe just increase the air exchange per hour?

I’d rather not have a doctor drool into my open wound...But those masks aren’t stopping corona virus

5 hours ago, bojangles said:

wearing the mask increases your risk of getting the disease, by weakening your body's first line of defense against viruses.  You can't expel the virus orally with a mask on.

by wearing the mask, it allows the virus to incubate inside your mouth.  your body's first defense against a virus is to expel it, sometimes by sneezing or coughing, or even just breathing.  This does not mean you have contracted the disease, it's just your body trying to expel the virus before it takes hold.  If you are wearing a mask, that can't happen.  This was in a published medical study i read over the weekend.  

E52157E9-2CD2-4E86-B408-E870CA2FF717.jpeg.f9500a151f41850a3a7e9b09ad69f3de.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bojangles said:

I read it in a recent published medical study.  Your body's first line of defense to rid itself of a virus is to expel it through the mouth.  This does not mean that you have contracted the virus.  It's why you sneeze.  If you are wearing a mask, it allows the virus to incubate in your mouth, and reproduce, without the chance of expulsion.  

I understand what you are saying, but that's not how it works exactly.  

Sorry, I have to jump in here.

Your body's first and only line of defense against a virus is your immune system once you've been infected. It doesn't incubate or reproduce in your mouth or on your skin - it replicates in your cells inside the squishy bits of your body.

The only other line of defense you have is your skin and not putting something in a break in the skin (cut etc.) or your mouth/ eyes/ butt. Masks are not going to stop everything, and double masking is as much of a choice as not masking - it's whatever makes you comfortable.

I liked the graphic below when the masking all first came out because it was close enough to be intuitive.

image.thumb.png.70b81a0cd23a9c798eaaef02b5e499ed.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, galiuro mountain man said:

Good, I'm glad there is a virologist on site.  

To this day, nobody really knows the ways it's spread.  

So many unanswered questions,and people with answers.

At the end of the day, I hope we make it. 

What do you mean nobody knows how it spreads? Its clean and clear it's an airborne. What do you think happened

1 hour ago, NewlyMinted said:

Sorry, I have to jump in here.

Your body's first and only line of defense against a virus is your immune system once you've been infected. It doesn't incubate or reproduce in your mouth or on your skin - it replicates in your cells inside the squishy bits of your body.

The only other line of defense you have is your skin and not putting something in a break in the skin (cut etc.) or your mouth/ eyes/ butt. Masks are not going to stop everything, and double masking is as much of a choice as not masking - it's whatever makes you comfortable.

I liked the graphic below when the masking all first came out because it was close enough to be intuitive.

image.thumb.png.70b81a0cd23a9c798eaaef02b5e499ed.png

A recent clinical study showed otherwise.  I’m sure there are competing clinical studies also.  A lot of it is who do you want to believe, and what are your experiences.   I don’t trust the government in general.  

• Like 2
  • Great Buck! 1

40 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

What do you mean nobody knows how it spreads? Its clean and clear it's an airborne. What do you think happened

So, if you know so much about this, let us all know.  The WHO and CDC seem to be hiding the truth for the "greater good".

5 minutes ago, galiuro mountain man said:

So, if you know so much about this, let us all know.  The WHO and CDC seem to be hiding the truth for the "greater good".

I'm sorry man I ain't seeing your point exactly

1 minute ago, galiuro mountain man said:

Point is, live your life.  Can't be afraid of anything that can hurt you.

If that was the case for me, my pillows are the most dangerous thing in the world.

This whole pandemic hasnt changed a thing for me friend. Fishing doesnt require it and neither does hunting. If a mask really just makes you that upset I think you may need to rethink choices. Lot worse going on to others right now