Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Covid, whos had it and how are you recovering?

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Well me and 3 of my fam are taking the plunge on friday for the vaccine. 

👍

Myself and family took the plunge as well.   If it was just me, I might not have done it (Needles are one of my phobias....).  My older brother & sisters though, whom I'm VERY close too, are all totally onboard with it.  Sort of figured I would go with it for the 'greater good' of my family.   We all spent Easter brunch together, and it felt good to crowd around a table full of food together again!

As with lots of things, just a personal choice. ;) 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NewlyMinted said:

Sorry, I have to jump in here.

Your body's first and only line of defense against a virus is your immune system once you've been infected. It doesn't incubate or reproduce in your mouth or on your skin - it replicates in your cells inside the squishy bits of your body.

The only other line of defense you have is your skin and not putting something in a break in the skin (cut etc.) or your mouth/ eyes/ butt. Masks are not going to stop everything, and double masking is as much of a choice as not masking - it's whatever makes you comfortable.

I liked the graphic below when the masking all first came out because it was close enough to be intuitive.

image.thumb.png.70b81a0cd23a9c798eaaef02b5e499ed.png

If you are peeing on your buddy or on yourself, you have much bigger problems than COVID.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wife and I both got it in January. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before. Night sweats, chills, difficulty breathing, bad shakes a couple of times and most food tasted BAD. We were advised to take vitamin D, zinc and aspirin while sick.  It lasted 4-5 days and tapered off - except my lungs felt like they'd shrunk. It took me 5 weeks of pushing them gradually that they felt almost back to normal. I lost 10 #'s - which was ok with me.  NOT a fun experience.

Does anyone remember what we were being told a year ago? Slow the spread so we don't overwhelm ICU's. There was never a thought that this could be stopped. They knew back then how contagious it was and that hasn't changed. They knew back then it wasn't a matter of if you would get it but when. They were just trying to hold out till a vaccine was ready. Well... the vaccines are out so what gives? Just like EVERYTHING nowadays, masks have become a political tool. Masks are about as effective as pulling out. Might work a few times but eventually it won't. It's really pretty silly. I saw a lady the other day with a knitted mask on. I could see her face through the dang thing. And... nobody said a word to her. It's about compliance and if you believe any different you're fooling yourself. 

• Like 2

My Sister-In -Laws nephew  has been in the hospital with Covid that turned into pneumonia. He was having a tough enough time they induced him into a coma and he has been fighting for his life. He lost that battle a couple of hours ago and leaves behind a wife and daughter. He was 31 years old.

image.png.822f862ea6ff642420d7deba42fdd28f.png

• Sad 4

19 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

My Sister-In -Laws nephew  has been in the hospital with Covid that turned into pneumonia. He was having a tough enough time they induced him into a coma and he has been fighting for his life. He lost that battle a couple of hours ago and leaves behind a wife and daughter. He was 31 years old.

😔🙏🏼

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, Delw said:

Meds aren't that bad. youll probaly get warrfin , digoxin and metropol or however there spelled. Licinapril gave me weird side effects. but thats me.

I learned how to control my Afib, but still need to take the meds. that procedure is interesting I'm going to read up on it. My BIL had his heart stopped like 6 or 7 times and a fib always came back about a month later.

everything except the blood thinner is really not necc, the blood thinners ie waffrin are a must as that keeps you from getting blood clots and having a stroke. I been taking them since I turned 50. Never took meds in my life and over the counter was only if I had too. so it was a shock when I was told I needed to take meds after all these years. it was down right scraey, the other scary part was checking your own blood pressure dont do it it will just worry you. your blood pressure goes up and down and all around. I ended up throwing my BP checker away cause it would freak me out.

you can control your afib by a change in attitude stress really gets afib going big time. to were you will think someones pounding on your chest.

I am suppose to get my blood checked every 4-6 weeks. I get it checked on maybe twice a year. my blood has always stayed at 2.6 from day one (even when it was checked every month for the 1st 5 years. I can pretty much tell when my blood is thick or thin cause I tend to get minor slices in my hands with alum parts I work with.

My Heart doc is cool and a normal person who speaks in normal terms. my 1st heart doc had me going into emergency surgery for an exploratory so to speak. good thing they got rid of him 2 days before my surgery. 1st doc also had me taking 2 asprins a day AND .5ML of Warfrin and he wondered why my Blood pressure was so low (excuess for his saying I needed surgery) once i saw new doc they took. 

Had an ablation done last Thursday. I have 3 months to completely heal but the actual downtime is about  5-7 days. I went back to light work Monday but full workload by next Monday. I will be on blood thinners for a couple of months but if things go as planned I will be med free when all is said and done. The worse part is they enter an artery in the groin. You are shaved as slick as a baby's butt. And the fondling by multiple nurses is not something I am used to. They gotta hold it for you when you urinate into a urinal. They don't want you getting up and moving around. And as many IV's as they give you you urinate a lot. 😳

Good thing about it is I was home the same day.

Covid sucks. Sometimes wonder if I will ever get back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Creed

oh wow, thats pretty cool actually. hope it works for you keep us informed I may ask my doc about that procedure.

I know the one my BIL had where they stop the heart then electrocute you to restart the heart doesnt work ate least not for him.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, PRDATR said:

Wow sorry to hear about that.