Sign in to follow this  
dusty

Fish tournament

https://www.azfamily.com/news/at-least-1-000-pounds-of-fish-dumped-along-north-phoenix-road/article_40fd5f1e-9715-11eb-b49e-ff5c5a275b3c.html?block_id=667482                                                                                                                                                                                                Arizona Game and Fish confirmed to Arizona’s Family that at least 1,000 pounds of carp and gizzard shad, boxes and trash from a spearfishing tournament at Lake Pleasant over the weekend were dumped in the area of 15th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road.

I would imagine it will be really easy to track these asswipes down.  I am sure guys in that tourney know who volunteered to dispose of the fish. 

• Like 1

Good news they got rid of 1000+ lbs of useless fish. Bad news they dumped it in the city. should have taken it out to the desert way out there.

But thats spearchucker tournies for you there not the brightest bulbs in the book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delw said:

Good news they got rid of 1000+ lbs of useless fish. Bad news they dumped it in the city. should have taken it out to the desert way out there.

But thats spearchucker tournies for you there not the brightest bulbs in the book.

It wasn’t the spear chuckers. It was the waste hauler they hired to haul them off. Rather than paying to dump he opted to just illegally dump it. No fault to the tournament directors.  Businesses nearby had them on camera.  Not that it was hard to find out who just had a tournament over the weekend. 

• Like 1

So was this an actual spear fishing tourney vs a bow fishing tourney? As in done on SCUBA?  Hadnt ever heard of one before.

I’ve done a few of the bow fishing tournament at Pleasant and we donated all the fish to the Arizona animal rehabilitation center I 17 and pinnacle peak

38 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

So was this an actual spear fishing tourney vs a bow fishing tourney? As in done on SCUBA?  Hadnt ever heard of one before.

Yes, it was spear fishing tourney by Copper State Freedivers I believe. 

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Yes spearfishing. No scuba. 

10 hours ago, Delw said:

Something tells me you don’t know a single spearfisherman 

• Like 4

could have used that for bear bait.

😁😁

Should have at least dumped it next to a bum colony