Sign in to follow this  
25-06

Need bow tuned

I am just having a Monday from heck and to top it off I just picked up my bow from getting new string, sights, rest, peep sight, ect. from some place I will not mention, got home and realized it was NOT done right. In fact it looks like a bunch of monkeys did the work! Anyways to make a long story short I live in Tucson and off of Speedway there used to be a archery store called Archery of Tucson were a guy by the name of Ray tuned bows. Does anybody know him or where he is working now...Thanks Terry

Are you talking about the Archery Center of Tucson? If so, it moved. It is located just east of Craycroft on the south side of Speedway.

Dodger2, Thanks and you are right it is Archery Center of Tucson. I am glad to here they moved and are still in buisiness.

Thanks for the info. I found out Ray is no longer in town, but I have got my bow tuned and ready for January. Thank for everybodys response. ;)

why would you wait until the last minute b4 the hunt to have all that work done to your bow any how? seems like a guy that has all year to mess around with a bow that waits until the week b4 the hunt to do so probably isn't much of a bowhunter any way. i know for me it takes at least 2-3 weeks after i get the bow string replaced for my bow to shoot right again due to string stretch and cam timing. even if you get your bow straight today it will probably be out of tune in 2 weeks again because of string stretch. might be a tough pill for you to swallow but it is food for thought. we owe it to the animal to make sure our equipment and shooting is at it's peak when hunting. it's hard to practice shooting when a bow is screwed up or in the shop. that's what the off season is for.

Hey breeze, The reason I had my bow restrung at the last minute is because I had just bought it! And as for you saying Iam probably aint much of a bowhunter any way, You probably should of kept that coment to yourself. If you aim to piss me off, well you just did.........

ok humor me why would you buy a new bow 2 weeks before the hunt? and then expect that in 2 weeks time you can get it all tuned and shoot it enough to be confident and comfortable in the field with it? whats the differance in that and buying a new rifle 2 weeks befor the hunt and firing a box through it and then heading into the field. i would say either way it's bad ethics but with the rifle scenerio being the lesser of the 2 evils. don't want to be a buzz kill. you are probably a great rifle hunter. i sure wouldn't be advertising on the internet that i bought a bow that wouldn't shoot and i planned on hunting with it in 2 weeks. good luck and let us know how many you wound.

Hey breeze do ya live in Tucson, cuz if so maybe we can meet somewere and get my bow problem straight.

25-06, the breeze does have a point however if you shoot your bow everyday for the next week or so the string should break in and stretch to it's max. Just make sure you limit your shots to the range you are accurate at and after shooting it a while be sure to paper tune your broadheads and practice w/ them. Your bow will probably have to be resighted after screwing the broadheads on. Good luck.

Thanks Noel Arnold, and TREESTANDMAN, I know he had a point, but I would never even draw my bow back on a deer unless I was 100% sure it would be quick and clean kill. I also am shooting daily and getting some great groups, today I trashed a couple of vains on my arrows so I started shooting at a diferent target with each arrow. I think it will be ready for January.

Guest Ernesto C

Girls,girls PLEASE!! :D Jum,humm. Hey guys I did not know you guys want to date each other. ;) ...OK just joking.

On the other hand,I can see we do not have the Christmas spirit yet!!

Hey breeze,dont he has the right to be a rifle and/or bow hunter? "your handle tells it all.you are a gun hunter" What's up whit that??

Amanda is a rifle and bow hunter is there somethng wrong with that? Is she wrong because she does that? I'm a rifle and bowhunter is something wrong with that? 25-06 hunt with both what is the problem with that? Several of your fellow members hunt with bow and rifle are you going to judge them too?If we chose to be a rilfe or a bow hunter,what will be the problem with that?

God bless you and again may the Lord bless all of you with health,a lots of health,peace on your famylies and happy hunts. Please don't forget to invite me and let me know the time of you guy's meeting. :)

Ernesto C.

Come on Ernesto, what are you trying to do? Break up a good catfight? Just stand back and let it happen. Hey 25.06, are you gonna take that from him? JK, cant we all just get along?