mikejr112

Looking for new truck

Is anyone interested in selling their truck? We are looking for something bigger as our Frontier does not fit our family and gear very well.

Looking to buy a low mileage gas or diesel 1500-2500. Must be crew cab 4x4. Prefer Ford or Dodge, something newer (2012+). Figured I would ask on here before heading to the dealership. That way we can a member can help us out and we can help them out!

If this is not allowed, please feel free to let me know. I will delete promplty. I know it is not “hunting related”, but it will be used on our hunts/adventures.

• Like 1

Be ready for some severe sticker shock on what you are looking for. Been in the biz for 50 years. Never ever have I seen this madness.  Diesels are through the roof Even with over 200k miles. Some over 300k. Some of these Pick-ups at auction are bringing $5-10k over KBB wholesale ! No new inventory out there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, muley224 said:

Be ready for some severe sticker shock on what you are looking for. Been in the biz for 50 years. Never ever have I seen this madness.  Diesels are through the roof Even with over 200k miles. Some over 300k. Some of these Pick-ups at auction are bringing $5-10k over KBB wholesale ! No new inventory out there.

That’s no joke a lot of bend over Bills’ out there with no lube.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 360 0r Better said:

That’s no joke a lot of bend over Bills’ out there with no lube.

Just  supply and demand. We dealers are not happy with these stupid prices. Ca. dealers are coming here and ruining the market. Anyone can google search " Used cars prices are way up" and you will see all the reasons. Not us dealers fault here in Az.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mikejr112 said:

"...as our Frontier does not fit our family and gear very well"

I may be interested in your Frontier. My wife wants a Frontier-type pickup. Please PM me the particulars?

• Like 1

The next 15 gmc At4’s that come in at the dealer I work for are spoken for. Like said above, Supply and demand. The chip shortage isn’t helping thing’s either. Gm is taking the chips destined for the small canyon/colorado trucks  and using them for the bigger trucks and suvs. All the manufacturers are struggling with parts right now. I cant get parts for a couple fords I’m working on, national backorder no release dates....  as well as a toyota tundra. 

If anyone in the north valley drives by the Autonation store at Bell and the 17, they usually have the largest front line of trucks you will ever see. In the last few weeks they maybe have 20.

The only trucks I’m seeing are beat up and I wouldn’t recommend any of them. We’ve had a turbo for a diesel on order since last August. Another car had an airbag on order for so long the manufacturer bought the car back from the customer.

A few months ago I bought a 2017 Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7 4x4 with 37,000 miles. Had a salvaged title with hail damage, damaged tailgate and bedside.  Truck was $13,500, I spent $3,200 on body work, added nerf bars, Universal spray in bedliner and tint. All in all I have about 17,500 in it and it drives like new. Interior is a 10/10. Paid cash... should get about 10-12 years out of it without payments.  There are creative ways to get what you want!  Only problem is I have to wait 30 days to run it through the car wash after the body work so it’s dirty.  Truck already had the wheels/tires on it.

58651731-7439-4849-B7F9-6B6C15C5BA4A.jpeg

D37384FC-19CA-4C3D-B569-C9DF77EE9016.jpeg

DB09F14F-7739-4B4C-8E92-24574295A825.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

If you can call me I have a Ford F-250 4WD 4 door with a 6.7 diesel that I’m going to put up for sale shortly 

David 

602-999-9576