Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

East valley plumber needed

1 hour ago, Bill@roofer said:

????

At one point you were listed as deceased in the Memorial section.

1 minute ago, Edge said:

At one point you were listed as deceased in the Memorial section.

Don't know where that came from... Well maybe 🤔.. 

I think he's pushing up roses now...Karma is a bitch..😁

So, I got ghosted by the guy who said they'd help. No worries though I have very tight windows. Sometimes things just don't pan out. I had a company come out while I was out of town and deal with the wife. They did pro press. It looks like shoot. To those of you that know code, is pro press ligit for residential? 

On 8/26/2022 at 11:09 PM, ctafoya said:

So, I got ghosted by the guy who said they'd help. No worries though I have very tight windows. Sometimes things just don't pan out. I had a company come out while I was out of town and deal with the wife. They did pro press. It looks like shoot. To those of you that know code, is pro press ligit for residential? 

Yep on both. Ugly and approved for residential use. One huge benefit is it can be put on with water gushing. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 11:09 PM, ctafoya said:

I’ve got half dozen or so vacuum breakers installed out there where all fittings are sweat but one 90 or coupler is press because there was a dribble that wouldn’t stop and used one for the final fitting. They’re a little goofy looking but you’ll be fine

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, Ohthatguy said:

Yep on both. Ugly and approved for residential use. One huge benefit is it can be put on with water gushing. 

I see them going bad, leaking on homes constructed in the last 12-15 years

Pro press done right is just fine.  We've used it on 2" mains in building when sweating it isn't feasible.  Code legal.

1 hour ago, sjvcon said:

Pro press done right is just fine.  We've used it on 2" mains in building when sweating it isn't feasible.  Code legal.

I agree.  We did a whole job in pro press and it’s code legal and holds up to this day.  If the looks of it bothers you, I understand.  Maybe cover it with insulation since it’s a small area.  If you do a good job with wrapped insulation, it will still be a looker.