Sign in to follow this  
HUNTnTAT2

Flagstaff FS roads

Will be hunting 6b youth Gobblers with my 11y.o daughter. Anyone know when Coconino forest service roads open? According to their website. The 231 road is closed still. Sorry for the ignorance we usually hunt unit 8 for youth turkey. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, HUNTnTAT2 said:

Will be hunting 6b youth Gobblers with my 11y.o daughter. Anyone know when Coconino forest service roads open? According to their website. The 231 road is closed still. Sorry for the ignorance we usually hunt unit 8 for youth turkey. 

I'll be taking my boy up there also  , I remember it being last minute  last time also

18 hours ago, Presmyk said:

I'll be taking my boy up there also  , I remember it being last minute  last time also

Shot ya a PM

• Like 1

Was rd231/ woody mountain rd open this morning? I see on the FS website they are still closed but am unsure if they have just not updated them. Good luck jrs!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, syd34 said:

Was rd231/ woody mountain rd open this morning? I see on the FS website they are still closed but am unsure if they have just not updated them. Good luck jrs!

I was wondering the same thing. It seems weird that it would still be closed.

Did anyone happen to hunt 6b this weekend or were the roads closed like the forest service website says?

I was up there this weekend looking around for my hunt that starts Friday. Roads are open. Came in off 535. Didn't hear a thing and didn't see any tracks around the few tanks I was able to look at. Didn't get to as many places as I would have liked to. It rained/snowed most of the afternoon Saturday. 

• Like 1

We had an amazing hunt! Every morning we had multiple birds gobbling. Friday and Saturday we had Tom's hang up just out of range. Sunday we were able to capitalize and called in 2 Tom's to 48 yards. My daughter made one heck of a shot. It was amazing to hunt unpressured birds! 

7 hours ago, verdehunter said:

I was up there this weekend looking around for my hunt that starts Friday. Roads are open. Came in off 535. Didn't hear a thing and didn't see any tracks around the few tanks I was able to look at. Didn't get to as many places as I would have liked to. It rained/snowed most of the afternoon Saturday. 

I also have the tag starting friday. Shoot me a PM