Sign in to follow this  
muley224

Thoughts on High fence hunts

2 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Sorry, I went back to church recently after a long lay off. Got me all uppity.

Lol... Well then we would definitely agree on all of the above.

I have no issues with the people who do this if that's their thing.  I just think altering one of Gods beautiful creations with steroids is not good for the Deer,  We all hunt here and harvest Gods creatures, but we still respect the natural beauty of the animal, not man made ones. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 11:47 AM, HuntHarder said:

I could give 2 shitts.  If a guy feels good about shooting a high fenced giant, who the heck am I to tell him he can not.  Shoot away.  Not much different than hiring 3 guide services for the auction or raffle tags. 

I don't like either one but whatever gets some people rocks off I guess.

My dad and I raised whitetails when I was growing up.  It was really fun and I learned a ton about deer in those years.   Our end market was shooting farms, we didn’t allow it in our place but that’s where they ended up.  I don’t hold anything against people that make their living that way or people that want to do that for fun.  I shot a red stag in NZ and it was on a high fence (all the stag hunts are if they’re anything bigger then a raghorn, if anyone tells you different they’re full of it) it wasn’t my cup of tea and I won’t do it again, but that’s my opinion only.  A lot of the other guys hunting there were amazed by all of the game and had the time of their life.  That’s their choice and their experience and that’s none of my business to get involved in.  

• Like 3

Not much different than raising game birds, putting them in a paint shaker and planting them in a field for guys to hunt.  Hunting them is not the same as wild birds but its the only practical choice for many and many of us have done it and enjoy it.  What about stocked trout?  These animals are raised just so we can catch/shoot/consume them,  

Just saying, we have many examples of similar enough examples that many of us enjoy.  Not going to look down at someone that does any hunt that is legal.  IMO the antler hunts dredge up the same envy we see with auction tags, guided hunts, expensive reservation hunts, etc.  

To each his own - don't let the anti's divide us.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2021 at 9:49 AM, yotebuster said:

My dad and I raised whitetails when I was growing up.  It was really fun and I learned a ton about deer in those years.   Our end market was shooting farms, we didn’t allow it in our place but that’s where they ended up.  I don’t hold anything against people that make their living that way or people that want to do that for fun.  I shot a red stag in NZ and it was on a high fence (all the stag hunts are if they’re anything bigger then a raghorn, if anyone tells you different they’re full of it) it wasn’t my cup of tea and I won’t do it again, but that’s my opinion only.  A lot of the other guys hunting there were amazed by all of the game and had the time of their life.  That’s their choice and their experience and that’s none of my business to get involved in.  

My brother in law is a Kiwi and grew up raising sheep, goats and reds. He told me the exact same thing about the giant reds guys shoot. They're all retired antler stags. They wait till their antlers have the highest blood content then cut them off. The Chinese buy them to make Mr. Happy pills... lol. 

On 4/12/2021 at 1:11 PM, savagman said:

Not much different than raising game birds, putting them in a paint shaker and planting them in a field for guys to hunt.  Hunting them is not the same as wild birds but its the only practical choice for many and many of us have done it and enjoy it.  What about stocked trout?  These animals are raised just so we can catch/shoot/consume them,  

Just saying, we have many examples of similar enough examples that many of us enjoy.  Not going to look down at someone that does any hunt that is legal.  IMO the antler hunts dredge up the same envy we see with auction tags, guided hunts, expensive reservation hunts, etc.  

To each his own - don't let the anti's divide us.

I totally agree with you except the trout part. Stocker trout don’t compare to mutant antlers. If they were 12lb hamburger fed trout it may be different. Either way, not for me but if it’s for someone then great.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:57 AM, muley224 said:

new-main-muscular-women-1109.jpg

Caytin Jenner, hmmmmm