Sign in to follow this  
ofdscooby

Pant

I hate wasting money on good pants and then have them shredded when wading through cat claw. I have a couple pairs of First Lite pants that are just shredded after a couple of seasons with the cat claw. I’m not a fan of hiking in blue jeans or heavy canvas type pants. I’ve heard rumors that wrangler makes a cheap synthetic pant that holds up pretty good. I’ve also heard the Kuhl’s are pretty tuff and good for hiking. Anyways looking for something that comfortable to hike in but will hold up. What’s being used out there. 

I been thrashing a set of Prana Zion for about 3 years. Almost every day 30-50days a year. 

there’s some pilling and pulling but no tears 

• Like 1

Carhart double fronts for coues hunting. My Kuiu Attacks have held up well. Some pilling/pulls on the lower legs but no tears. Gators help with that.

Prana Zion for the win. I’ve had 3 pairs for several years now and my kuiu pants have stayed in the closet. I’ve hunted in catclaw, manzanita, locust and even kodiak island in them and they are still holding up well. 

58 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Prana Zion for the win. I’ve had 3 pairs for several years now and my kuiu pants have stayed in the closet. I’ve hunted in catclaw, manzanita, locust and even kodiak island in them and they are still holding up well. 

I can second that! My prana Zion's have held up great and they are the most comfortable pants I own. 

3 hours ago, ofdscooby said:

I hate wasting money on good pants and then have them shredded when wading through cat claw. I have a couple pairs of First Lite pants that are just shredded after a couple of seasons with the cat claw. I’m not a fan of hiking in blue jeans or heavy canvas type pants. I’ve heard rumors that wrangler makes a cheap synthetic pant that holds up pretty good. I’ve also heard the Kuhl’s are pretty tuff and good for hiking. Anyways looking for something that comfortable to hike in but will hold up. What’s being used out there. 

The wranglers you mentioned are pretty good for the price. I have a few pairs from Walmart for around $20 each. They are definitely a step down from the Prana Zion, but for the price, hard to beat. At $20 a pair, you really don't need then to last multiple seasons.

• Like 1

The wranglers you mentioned are pretty good for the price. I have a few pairs from Walmart for around $20 each. They are definitely a step down from the Prana Zion, but for the price, hard to beat. At $20 a pair, you really don't need then to last multiple seasons. My favorite every day pants have become the Kuiu attack pants (and I am a guy that has historically made fun of Kuiu guys). The fit and comfort if the best I have tried, like wearing sweatpants everywhere without looking like a complete slob. But again, you are looking at another big step up in price from Prana. I have yet to try the Kutana, which is supposed to be the best in the Kuiu lineup for brush busting. My biggest grip with the Prana Zion is size inconsistency. I have had a few pairs, all in the same size, and all have fit differently. For what they cost, they need better consistency from pair to pair.

• Like 2

Kuiu Attack's  suck!  Biggest waste of money I have spent on clothing.  Destroyed one pair in a day on the Kaibab in the burn, ripped  and piled bad.  Destroyed  the next pair quail hunting in them.

Another plus on the Prana Zions's, Super comfortable and durable as heck.  Less than half the price too.

• Like 1

Good info here...I’ll be looking at the Prana next time I order more pants. Which Zion? On their site I see Stretch Pant, Stretch Pant Straight, and Chino. None of those sound very good for brush-busting. Any comparison to 5.11 pants? I’ve seen good reviews on those pants too...

funny Prana has always struck me as a company that would have an anti-hunting slant...wonder if they know their stuff is popular with hunters. LoL

2 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Good info here...I’ll be looking at the Prana next time I order more pants. Which Zion? On their site I see Stretch Pant, Stretch Pant Straight, and Chino. None of those sound very good for brush-busting. Any comparison to 5.11 pants? I’ve seen good reviews on those pants too...

funny Prana has always struck me as a company that would have an anti-hunting slant...wonder if they know their stuff is popular with hunters. LoL

Most of these guys are referring to the Stretch Zion. I hated the Stretch Zion Straight. The Stretch Zion shorts are my go to shorts. I do love those for my long legs (12 inch inseam).

• Like 2

Prana are great when it’s warm but the attack pants have served me well when it’s cooler. I have several including the set when the company launched. I’ve busted a few zippers but that’s it 

22 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Most of these guys are referring to the Stretch Zion. I hated the Stretch Zion Straight. The Stretch Zion shorts are my go to shorts. I do love those for my long legs (12 inch inseam).

I’m wearing a set of the shorts right this minute 

I wear the 5.11 stretch pants when in the desert and they are very nice. Pretty much indestructible and quite comfortable.

I also wear the costco tech pant which is a lightweight stretch pant and they have been awesome as well. For 20 bucks it is hard to find any complaints about them.

Never tried the Prana but I have read the costco are similar.

• Like 1