SpotNStalk

Looking to buy a Polaris Ranger Crew or Honda Pioneer

7 minutes ago, twistzz said:

Can Am defender Max XT Hd10 6 seater 30” Wheels 3 inch lift all the way :)  Can’t wait till May 30 in Unit 1 !!!!  

Defender max is overlooked. Best in class power, real quiet, rides smooth

I have the razorback rack on my polaris general . It gives you extra room for more equipment, plus you can mount rotopack gas cans on both sides, one thing i didn't like about the honda pioneer  if you're seats are full of passengers you have no room  for equipment or animals when huntingScreenshot_20210415-231454_Gallery.thumb.jpg.23d06644ecea2f14733591af808577d8.jpg

razorback-offroad-polaris-general-1000-gp-gen-2-rack-505291_900x.webp

If I'm not mistaken 2018 and newer xp 1000s rangers have best in class towing, payload and bed space.  I have had my 2019 for a year, and besides some warranty work on a faulty wire harness, it's been a beast.  

PXL_20201130_031723211.NIGHT.jpg

3 hours ago, G_E_E said:

If I'm not mistaken 2018 and newer xp 1000s rangers have best in class towing, payload and bed space.  I have had my 2019 for a year, and besides some warranty work on a faulty wire harness, it's been a beast.  

PXL_20201130_031723211.NIGHT.jpg

6 hours ago, 257 STW said:

I have the razorback rack on my polaris general . It gives you extra room for more equipment, plus you can mount rotopack gas cans on both sides, one thing i didn't like about the honda pioneer  if you're seats are full of passengers you have no room  for equipment or animals when huntingScreenshot_20210415-231454_Gallery.thumb.jpg.23d06644ecea2f14733591af808577d8.jpg

Roof racks are great too. 

0EAA4EA0-051F-4457-B2F0-3B9C152C6136.png

FWIW Seizmek makes a bed extender for the Pioneer that goes a long way toward increasing storage with the seats up.

One thing that is nice with the Honda is you can just put one of the rear seats up like you see in this pic.  You can also see how I had a bin stored behind the seat that was up.

I agree with the dust and heat complaints.  I think Honda could have provided something of a seal on the rear doors.  Not sure anyone else is doing better with fine desert dust and a windshield.  

The best solution to the heat from what I've heard is to add a fan that will draw air through and across the engine/tranny and out the back.  Haven't tried it yet to be able to tell you how well it works.  It's on my list of projects........

Seizmek for Pioneer.jpg

Edited by JiminAZ
additional commentary

On 4/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, JiminAZ said:

FWIW Seizmek makes a bed extender for the Pioneer that goes a long way toward increasing storage with the seats up.

One thing that is nice with the Honda is you can just put one of the rear seats up like you see in this pic.  You can also see how I had a bin stored behind the seat that was up.

I agree with the dust and heat complaints.  I think Honda could have provided something of a seal on the rear doors.  Not sure anyone else is doing better with fine desert dust and a windshield.  

The best solution to the heat from what I've heard is to add a fan that will draw air through and across the engine/tranny and out the back.  Haven't tried it yet to be able to tell you how well it works.  It's on my list of projects........

Seizmek for Pioneer.jpg

I have the same bed extender and love it.   Gives me a ton of space for gear.