Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Another casualty

That's just messed up.  The bear told you to stay the F out once and then everyone has to run right up there and everyone get within 50 yards again.  He's going to do the same dang thing. Put a sign up and up for a week or two and then go back and check it out.  He'll move on. Just stupid

53 minutes ago, jdown said:

That's just messed up.  The bear told you to stay the F out once and then everyone has to run right up there and everyone get within 50 yards again.  He's going to do the same dang thing. Put a sign up and up for a week or two and then go back and check it out.  He'll move on. Just stupid

Speaking from my lion experience. It does not always work that way. 

46 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Speaking from my lion experience. It does not always work that way. 

I'm talking about the 2nd group that went in.  Give it a week or two and close the area off in between.  Rush right in there and I would expect the same results which end is putting the bear down.  Just stay out for a few weeks and let him wander off. 

3 hours ago, jdown said:

I'm talking about the 2nd group that went in.  Give it a week or two and close the area off in between.  Rush right in there and I would expect the same results which end is putting the bear down.  Just stay out for a few weeks and let him wander off. 

From how I read it they were to ensure that bear was not overly aggressive. It was 

3 hours ago, jdown said:

I've never heard of a bear that has attacked someone being "left alone". Once they see humans as prey... I think its pretty much a done deal for that bear. I could be wrong though. I know less about bears than I do medieval cave art.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jdown said:

Bear is the top predator and is not going anywhere.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Question of the day................did the guy die because of the bear attack or because of a massive stroke? Asking for a friend!!!

Not sure if that's a rhetorical question or not, but trauma can/does cause strokes.   Specifically head trauma can do it.  So the bear attack killed him (If you assume he wouldn't of had a stroke otherwise,....).   

17 hours ago, jdown said:

Why not kill the bear, or better yet, open grizzlies to hunting?  If a bear ate my family member, I’d kill him if he was the last bear on earth.

grizzlies should be available to hunt, anyways.  Populations are recovered.  We need to work on this.

• Like 1