Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Hate Me Some Thieves

The ol lady (Queen of unawareness) stops at the store last night for a moment and comes back to my truck minus the catalytic converter.

The thought of some slimeball crawling under my truck and hacking it up with a sawzall has left me beyond pissed.

The thief wasn't done, he tried prying the hood open too probably after the battery, and damaged the hood release. Took me a half hour to release the latch again, it too needs replaced.

The only joy I got last night was dreaming of how I would have loved catching the bastard in the act.

• Wow! 2

23 minutes ago, el diablo said:

That sucks!  There’s people going around our neighborhood again breaking into vehicles too so keep an eye on them. 

Yeah a buddy living close to you had his truck rifled through. Same night their neighbors ATV was stolen and the F-ckers managed to drive it into his aluminum horse trailer doing thousands in damages.

Nummie had his cat stolen at his house a few years ago. I gave him some big treble hooks from my salmon box and he wired them all over the new cat with bailing wire. Might be an issue at a store parking lot with a dirtball screaming under the truck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

There is a huge, valley wide crime trend right now with catalytic converters thefts.

I'm shocked at the current prices these cats bring scrapped. I won't replace mine until close to inspection time next winter. When I do it will be retrofitted with a cage full of surprises. And the ol lady wonders why I keep scrap around like a roll of razor ribbon.

https://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/news/crime/catalytic-converter-theft-death/67-097e8de4-47bc-46c0-9aba-5fe3ac241db7

2 hours ago, Edge said:

The ol lady (Queen of unawareness) stops at the store last night for a moment and comes back to my truck minus the catalytic converter.

The thought of some slimeball crawling under my truck and hacking it up with a sawzall has left me beyond pissed.

The thief wasn't done, he tried prying the hood open too probably after the battery, and damaged the hood release. Took me a half hour to release the latch again, it too needs replaced.

The only joy I got last night was dreaming of how I would have loved catching the bastard in the act.

Depending on the store/parking lot size, there could be surveillance footage.  Worth asking the store if you have not already done so.  If you make a police report, go ahead and report some of your guns as being stolen too! 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

Depending on the store/parking lot size, there could be surveillance footage.  Worth asking the store if you have not already done so.  If you make a police report, go ahead and report some of your guns as being stolen too! 😉

Peoria P.D. cops say they're reviewing the surveillance footage.

Our insurance informs us that's a $2K deductable for an average $3K job. 

We had one stolen from one of our work vans 2 weeks ago.  I have an after market grill on my truck that somehow became loose.  I went to fix it and noticed the scratched paint on my hood and the scrape marks on the inside of the grill.  It looks like they tried to pry it off and broke several of the fasteners in the process.  I have cameras at the house, so I know it didn’t happen there.  Thieves are trash and should be publicly displayed tarred and feathered.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Edge said:

Peoria P.D. cops say they're reviewing the surveillance footage.

Our insurance informs us that's a $2K deductable for an average $3K job. 

Gulp! 😲 Do you really have a $2000 deductible on comprehensive coverage? 

All thieves must die.

that sucks big time, last year the car mechanic guy next door had over 15 cats stolen in one night in front of building and back of building, mostly prius's and those are super expensive, at the same time they took the starter out of my old dodge and left it hanging by the cable and stole the stereo system, guess they didnt want my cat. I was there that night till like 12 midnight so it happened between then and 5am

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Gulp! 😲 Do you really have a $2000 deductible on comprehensive coverage? 

It's liability only. They're counting the theft as vandalism. According to the insurance company's replacement estimate, the cats theft totalled the truck.

I'm running flex tube until closer to inspection time. Even the tubing is in short supply due to this crap. My local NAPAs delivery truck had the cat stolen 2 weeks ago at 2pm in front of the store. Replacement cats can take a month to get.

I started this thread to vent but if you have a truck you don't want F'd with, garage or put it in your yard.

Hybrid cats are valuable but for ease of theft, the punks are targeting Dodge and Ford trucks.

Call my neighbor import autoworks he replaces them a few times a week and hasnt had a problem getting them except the prius ones are getting expensive due to the metal they use in them.

(623) 877-3099

import autoworks