Bwinkle

Winchester model 100 .308

Where can I find out what this rifle is worth? Online prices are all over the place. Some say it's a collectors item others say no. 

How can I tell ? It's from 1969.

1 hour ago, Bwinkle said:

Where can I find out what this rifle is worth? Online prices are all over the place. Some say it's a collectors item others say no. 

How can I tell ? It's from 1969.

Completed auctions on gunbroker.com

Eddie

• Like 2

They have a following, 308 is a common caliber, yours is post 64 so there's not quite the prestige there, as with any old gun condition is everything, without seeing it $450 - $700 . . .

your mileage may vary

• Like 1

" For anyone that does need to check with them, you can call their number at 800-852-5734 and give them your serial number to confirm it needs it. She (if it's the same person) will give you the address to send it back for the replacement. "

The last couple I've done they just sent the new firing pin... Not hard to do but if you don't know how to take the rifle down you should let someone who does (a competent gunsmith) do it. A broken stock will be the result an they're made of unobtainium now.

I’ve picked up a few over the years in shooter shape for $350-450.  The pre64 bring more money, .243, 284 and 358 bring more money to way way more money respectively.  Carbines bring more as well.  Cool guns.  Dad has killed a pile of critters with his .284 pre 64.  It actually shoots about 1.5” at 100 too.  

Cabela's has a used 243 carbine listed for $1000. I just sold a S & W MOD 28 and watched several auctions on gun broker for the prices it would sell for. Luckily I had a interested individual that was local, after watching the auctions we both felt the price I asked was about right.

Thanks....I have no clue how well it shoots. Haven't shot it in years.

I reload and it was always touchy getting the pressure just right to work the bolt so I just used my Rem 700 bolt 7mag.

Id like to sell it.... but don't want to give it away either if it has more value.