Sign in to follow this  
Desertguide

Here's one for all the mask fans

1 minute ago, Desertguide said:

Your wife's a smart lady... 😂😂😂. 

Cant argue that! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

Its been a crazy year. Im also not trying to get into a pissing match with you. But at the end of the day if people just did what was asked of them in a place where the people asking have a right to do so a lot less of this crap would happen.  If i take myself out of this equation i think the mom is a turd and could have prevented it. The knee jerk reaction of me as a dad is certainly different but still not necessarily the right one.  

Well to be fair... we don't see the run up to the exchange. Just a few seconds of video and then the guy is dragging her off. And I do understand your point and it's a fair point. It's just hard for me to swallow when I think the whole mask thing is such a joke anyway. 

Private store with THEIR rules. Follow or be thrown TF out.  Feel bad for the kid.  Mom raised them wrong, left wing extremists more than likely.  A right winger would respect the right of a business to run it as they wish.  Dont like it, dont shop there, its that easy.  

I am sure they will sue and get some settlement.  Thats the new agenda.  Everyone is so offended anymore. Always looking for a reason to get pissed.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Desertguide said:

Well to be fair... we don't see the run up to the exchange. Just a few seconds of video and then the guy is dragging her off. And I do understand your point and it's a fair point. It's just hard for me to swallow when I think the whole mask thing is such a joke anyway. 

Also fair.   But rules are rules and each establishment has the right to make them.  Way back when i made the comment about the masks that i dont think its the masks themselves that are helpful.  Its having something to stop us from touching all the crap when we are out and about in our regular day to day lives.  What it does is stop us from touching our nose and mouth and transferring it.  You touch your mouth and nose way more then you realize i bet. Ever notice how when you have a sore spot it gets hit way more then usual in day to day activity? Well it doesnt get hit more then usual, it just seems like it because you never really notice it when its not a sore spot.  If that makes sense...  point being. Masks aren't stopping covid, but they do stop people from touching their own face way more then people ever realized that they touched their own face..

@Desertguide, much respect to you for having a different perspective and being polite about it. Sadly many different opinions end in low blows and name calling here.  It sure is refreshing to have an intelligent debate rather then a name calling argument. Ill be the first to admit i have been guilty of it. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Private store with THEIR rules. Follow or be thrown TF out.  Feel bad for the kid.  Mom raised them wrong, left wing extremists more than likely.  A right winger would respect the right of a business to run it as they wish.  Dont like it, dont shop there, its that easy.  

I am sure they will sue and get some settlement.  Thats the new agenda.  Everyone is so offended anymore. Always looking for a reason to get pissed.  

Well this is by far the most extreme case concerning a mask I've ever seen. Regardless of some dumb mask rule, dude has no right to lay his hands on a child. 

I'm a business owner without a store front so I absolutely respect a businesses right to require certain things. I get the whole no short no shoes argument. I'm just of the opinion that this mask requirement is totally arbitrary at this point. 

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

@Desertguide, much respect to you for having a different perspective and being polite about it. Sadly many different opinions end in low blows and name calling here.  It sure is refreshing to have an intelligent debate rather then a name calling argument. Ill be the first to admit i have been guilty of it. 

Same same brotha!!! I've been guilty myself so no worries

• Like 1

I used to go to a certain store almost daily after work. One day I got kicked out for no mask (about July of last year) the store a block away, same owner and franchise! Let me slide when I forgot to throw in the mask. Guess which store gets my money now? Wasn’t a big deal that day in July, I just walked out and never returned. I’ve done that at several places. The places that I absolutely have to patronize that require a mask..... I wear one.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

Well this is by far the most extreme case concerning a mask I've ever seen. Regardless of some dumb mask rule, dude has no right to lay his hands on a child. 

I'm a business owner without a store front so I absolutely respect a businesses right to require certain things. I get the whole no short no shoes argument. I'm just of the opinion that this mask requirement is totally arbitrary at this point. 

I also agree its arbitrary.  I also think they are negligable. But still mandated and up to the individual business.   

Truth be told,  i try to get away without wearing it all i can. But if im asked to put it on i will because imo, its not worth the argument with people.  Ironically we agree and disagree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I used to go to a certain store almost daily after work. One day I got kicked out for no mask (about July of last year) the store a block away, same owner and franchise! Let me slide when I forgot to throw in the mask. Guess which store gets my money now? Wasn’t a big deal that day in July, I just walked out and never returned. I’ve done that at several places. The places that I absolutely have to patronize that require a mask..... I wear one.

Its worth wearing a mask for a lap dance bro

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Whooptie doo. 

Was trained how to restrain a flailing kid while working in hospital. Basically they taught us to have the kid choke them self. Lmao they didn’t account for the head butt that would be the first line of defense once contact was made. 

Buy a mask and wear a mask 🤠  it’s not the sheep thing to do. It’s the right thing to do 

• Like 1

Yup never lay hands on a kid is a general rule.  Problem is, some kids, not this one, dont act like kids anymore.  Where is the cut off in age to let a kid slide?  He should have grabbed that mom and yanked her butt out.  Since the mom did not lose her shoot and go full Mike tyson on him, im guessing she isn't a good mom anyway.  I would never put my kids in that position, just wouldn't do it.  If I did, id hope no one had a video, showing me being a pile of SHITT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

Yup never lay hands on a kid is a general rule.  Problem is, some kids, not this one, dont act like kids anymore.  Where is the cut off in age to let a kid slide?  He should have grabbed that mom and yanked her butt out.  Since the mom did not lose her shoot and go full Mike tyson on him, im guessing she isn't a good mom anyway.  I would never put my kids in that position, just wouldn't do it.  If I did, id hope no one had a video, showing me being a pile of SHITT. 

Agreed, wouldnt put mine in that position.