Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

My feet hurt

Anyone have experience with those custom insoles that send a mold to your house to step in and make custom inserts?

Too many years working on stilts has caught up with me.  Not fun for a guy who likes to to hike. Im using the Dr Scholls inserts you stand on at walmart for but they are generic and only help a little.  

8 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I got a set custom made here in the valley. Way better than the step in models 

How much?  Can you easily swap from shoe to boot etc?

$180 seems hard to understand what your getting for that amount of money. I paid that much for a velcro bootie on my right foot when i broke my toe once. I get it kind of since it came from an ER but what is in an insole to justify that cost? Not arguing, wondering i guess. 

Interesting, I just ordered some Dr. Scholls the other day for the first time. But have been curious about the "Customs".

I've been using them 20 years from the Good Feet Store. They'll replace or change them for life. I'm only good about a day without them.

• Like 1

Three years ago i dealt with a lingering case of Plantar Faciitis.  I started wearing Sof Sol inserts, and they are amazing.  I found them on Amazon, but they are of course available all over. https://sofsole.implus.com/products/insoles/plantar-fascia-insoles

Obviously lots of opinions out there on various options, but you might check them out, Kevin.

Good luck!!

S.

Forget about the big box store insoles. Get you some green superfeet insoles. 50 bucks on Amazon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Forget about the big box store insoles. Get you some green superfeet insoles. 50 bucks on Amazon.

Got em.  I love the carbon fiber arch. The downside to the cheapie $50 machine inserts is how soft the plastic arch is compared to them. But the Dr scholl's hurt less for me. If they had a similar carbon fiber arch I'd like them more.  

i got custom inserts made from my foot doctor, insurance cover them, i got one pair one year and another pair following year and you can swap them with all of your shoes.

7 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

$180 seems hard to understand what your getting for that amount of money. 

Know how I know your feet don’t hurt that bad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, 25-06 said:

Agreed with this! I don’t post much on here but this topic hit home! I’ve got 3 pair of the green Superfeet, one pair are in my work boots and I’ve had them over 3 years. Not sure how long they’re supposed to last but feet feel great! Danner Pronghorn and Superfeet! Good combo for me!

10 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Anyone have experience with those custom insoles that send a mold to your house to step in and make custom inserts?

Too many years working on stilts has caught up with me.  Not fun for a guy who likes to to hike. Im using the Dr Scholls inserts you stand on at walmart for but they are generic and only help a little.  

Not sure what you’ve tried but the Strassburg sock and calf stretching multiple times a day combined with the Superfeet have been the best pain reliever for me.