Delw

.338 lapua what happened?

8 hours ago, recurveman said:

This is caused more by age than guns.......just saying.  

your probably right

I steered clear of the .338 lapua solely on the cost of ammo.  It was spendy when ammo was cheap.  

otherwise, I would have bought one.  I was looking at the savage 111 long range hunter.  

I still use mine regularly. It's my favorite rifle. Luckily I found factory blemished bullets for dirt cheap, and I haven't had to buy components yet in this inflated market we're in. 

I think the largest competitor to the .338LM is actually the creation of the 28 Nosler. Its trajectory is very similar. And 7mm bullets are much cheaper.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, Delw said:

I wasnt trying to run down any thread. I happened to see that savage and I'm like Crap why dont we hear about them anymore and couldnt it be next month since Levers Bought that 38/357 lever gun in under an hour. That savage is a pretty nice gun in the 338 Lapua, I havent shot the ruger but didnt really like the ruger version.

I have a few guns on my bucket list(so to speak) I need to get yet, one a 338 laupa ,another 50bmg and a few lever guns in pistol cal's. Then I think I am done lol. I even had thoughts when I saw the add to sell my bushmaster shorty from when bushmaster very 1st came out with that style (early 90's late 80's) its never had a round cycled through it.

not very many guns that give me wood anymore ;)

You need to try the 45-70 MARLIN 1895SBL, beautiful gun, tremendous recoil.

I shot  a 45-70 in a cheap lever gun, kicked pretty good, I think more than my Old Tc pistol.

ones I get some house work done going to start picking up some levers in all the pistol cals I got a few in 30-30 Winchesters older ones and marlins

2 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

How many here are shooting the 338 Edge? 

Probably want to start a new thread.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, PRDATR said:

Probably want to start a new thread.

No need, it was more of a potential answer to the original question of what happened to the 338 Lapua.

I shoot a 338 edge and a 338 terminator ------ Both great long range rifles -----  Edge  is cheaper to reload than the Lapua--  That may have something to do with it

Is the Edge still a thing?  Used to hear about those all the time too...now not so much.  The 338 RUM that SHOULD have been......

I still have and shoot my 338 Allen Express (338 Lapua Imp.).  It's my favorite LR rig with those 300 grain Bergers.  My set-up is close to 14 pounds with scope, so it aint no walkin-around hunting rifle.  I usually set up on an overlook with a large killing field and wait.  It delivers a ton of energy, even at 1200+ yards.  It usually gets the nod over my 300 RUM.

• Like 1