Flatlander

WTB - Scout Gear

I am in the process of re-equipping the camp supplies for my sons’ youth group. Some time after they stopped chartering as an official Boy Scout troop someone got rid of all the camp gear. Now that I am leading we are going back to the woods.

So if anyone has gear in decent shape available at garage sale prices or wants to donate something they have laying around I am in the market. We need most everything a typical troop would need: cookware, stoves, tents, lanterns, table. Packs, sleeping bags, etc.

I will drive around to meet up it just may take me some time to make it to you. Disclaimer: We are not an officially chartered BSA troop, just a church youth group doing many similar activities to what BSA did. Thanks for thinking of us.

• Like 4

I should have some stuff I'll look this evening when I get home. 

• Like 1

Food for thought, maybe a 'Go fund me' on Facebook may generate some donations for your program.

PM me with an address and I will donate a $25.00 gift card to Cabelas's. Maybe this will help a little.

You helped me out on a goat hunt a few years back, I didn't forget that.  

Andy in Tucson.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I appreciate the input and support. We have funds available to purchase gear with. I just thought before we went and paid retail for scout gear that we would try to repurpose some gear first.

Appreciate everyone thinking of us. We have an awesome group of 13 boys who are excited to tackle the world. It’s awesome to be with a group who doesn’t complain and is eager to hike or camp every month.

• Like 1

Flatlander,

Let me know if a 3 burner white gas stove and a lantern would be of help as donations. I believe they are both functional but have been sitting and may need a rebuild. NW valley.

Thanks

Tried to send you a pm, box is full. 

I have some stuff to contribute but im way out of the way. But maybe if you have a reason to come down this way.... i can also get momma to do a FB blast for the kids and drum up some more stuff. 

14 hours ago, LB02 said:

Flatlander,

Let me know if a 3 burner white gas stove and a lantern would be of help as donations. I believe they are both functional but have been sitting and may need a rebuild. NW valley.

Thanks

Thank you for a generous offer. I think we are going to stick with propane just to keep the gear to one fuel system since that gets stored at my house. Again, very generous I don’t mean to be picky. Thank you for the offer.

21 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Tried to send you a pm, box is full. 

I have some stuff to contribute but im way out of the way. But maybe if you have a reason to come down this way.... i can also get momma to do a FB blast for the kids and drum up some more stuff. 

Cleared my PM’s. I will be in Tucson in the next few weeks if you can wait that long. If I decide to go social media blast I will let you know. For now I wanted to keep it to the CWT faithful just cause I don’t want to deal with Facebook and Craigslist people.

Thanks @maximus for the donations. And thanks to Kev and Houston I have an excuse to head to Sierra Vista and Show Low.

• Like 1