huntlines

Bison reduction project

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

They are planning on letting each shooter keep one bison.   The verbiage in the FAQs looks more like legalese to me.....

I would hope so after somehow proving your a skilled sniper. 

1 hour ago, CouesFanatic said:

What does this mean?

Good question, if you are not allowed to keep the bison I don’t know how many takers they will get. Even if you do get to keep it, you have to shoot whichever one the park guy points to. Could be a yearly.

57 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

All you’ve gotta do is fence the water, you don’t even need to drain it. Buffalo won’t jump a fence but all the other critters will. A few hundred T-posts, several thousand feet of barbed wire and some volunteers will fix the problem in about a week and you don’t have to slaughter all the dang bison. G&F doesn’t want solutions though. 

No they won't jump it they'll just walk right thru it..  Everyone wants to do this..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

No they won't jump it they'll just walk right thru it..  Everyone wants to do this..

People build fences to keep elephants contained. Don’t think it’d be that hard to keep a bison out. There are 10,000 wild horses wrecking habitat across the state that the feds will do nothing about but they’ll slaughter the few hundred bison (native species) inside the park? Nice move feds. What a joke. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

Snipers only for that 100 yard shoot, or creedmoor owners only.

I think the CM is a bit much you will need to step down a couple of calibers. In the link below scroll down to the declassified photos.

https://www.rokslide.com/ryan-avery-on-the-king-of-calibers-the-6-5-creedmoor/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 452b264 said:

I think the CM is a bit much you will need to step down a couple of calibers. In the link below scroll down to the declassified photos.

https://www.rokslide.com/ryan-avery-on-the-king-of-calibers-the-6-5-creedmoor/

The only thing worse than the 6.5 cm is the people calling it a caliber and not a cartridge. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

The only thing worse than the 6.5 cm is the people calling it a caliber and not a cartridge. 

That’s like calling a flattie a baseball cap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Good question, if you are not allowed to keep the bison I don’t know how many takers they will get. Even if you do get to keep it, you have to shoot whichever one the park guy points to. Could be a yearly.

I'll take a yearly.

• Like 3

Im down. 

That is, if we get to keep it. 

Ya’ll are crazy if you think the chosen "sharpshooters" will be anything more than Russ Jacoby’s chosen group. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

All you’ve gotta do is fence the water, you don’t even need to drain it. Buffalo won’t jump a fence but all the other critters will. A few hundred T-posts, several thousand feet of barbed wire and some volunteers will fix the problem in about a week and you don’t have to slaughter all the dang bison. G&F doesn’t want solutions though. 

It's not AZGFD party it is the National Park Service. AZGFD doesn't have any say in how the Park decides to manage buffalo or any other creature within park boundaries.

9 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Ya’ll are crazy if you think the chosen "sharpshooters" will be anything more than Russ Jacoby’s chosen group. 

I wondered how long it would take to rip Russ Jacoby.  Less than an hour.  What does he have to do with this?

1. Is the 3/5 in 4" open sights offhand or from a scoped rifle on the bench?

2.Yes they will bust through fences.

3. They are non-native.

4. I'll go just to shoot one. I have a 45-70 Marlin and a 375 H&H old Model 70 that have just punched paper. I'm down like Charlie Brown.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

1. Is the 3/5 in 4" open sights offhand or from a scoped rifle on the bench?

2.Yes they will bust through fences.

3. They are non-native.

4. I'll go just to shoot one. I have a 45-70 Marlin and a 375 H&H old Model 70 that have just punched paper. I'm down like Charlie Brown.

How do you figure they are non-native? How are there so many bison farms and enclosures in the world if they can’t be contained? Rocky Mountain elk are not native to AZ. Should they be mowed down?

1 minute ago, GreyGhost85 said:

How do you figure they are non-native? How are there so many bison farms and enclosures in the world if they can’t be contained? Rocky Mountain elk are not native to AZ. Should they be mowed down?

They're hybrids. Technically they're beeffalo. They have domestic cattle blood in them. 

The National Park Service isn't going to EVER allow "Bison fences" to be built in the park. Not ever.