huntlines

Bison reduction project

Just now, Desertguide said:

They're hybrids. Technically they're beeffalo. They have domestic cattle blood in them. 

The National Park Service isn't going to EVER allow "Bison fences" to be built in the park. Not ever. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah The herd introduced a hundred or so years ago had a drop of beef blood in them. Elizabeth Warren has more indian in her blood. I just don’t get why they need to slaughter them? Anyone know the reason behind it? What are there maybe 500 or so bison in AZ? Our elk are not native. Why not slaughter them? The donkeys and horses are an actual problem. 

• Like 5

Im pretty dang sure I read that Bison were in fact native to a small portion of AZ, and not the herd we have now. True Bison.

• Like 1

Just now, GreyGhost85 said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah The herd introduced a hundred or so years ago had a drop of beef blood in them. Elizabeth Warren has more indian in her blood. I just don’t get why they need to slaughter them? Anyone know the reason behind it? What are there maybe 500 or so bison in AZ? Our elk are not native. Why not slaughter them? The donkeys and horses are an actual problem. 

Lol... its the federal government. NOTHING they do makes sense. 

When people start riding bison in rodeos and little girls dream of getting a little bison for their birthday, they'll get rid of feral horses instead of Bison with a drop of cow blood in them.

14 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

Lol... its the federal government. NOTHING they do makes sense. 

When people start riding bison in rodeos and little girls dream of getting a little bison for their birthday, they'll get rid of feral horses instead of Bison with a drop of cow blood in them.

When did they start getting rid of the feral horses? They are a true problem but I have not heard anything about getting rid of them.

• Like 1

Shoot a bunch of bison. Let horses and donkeys roam free. Hurts my brain.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

They're hybrids. Technically they're beeffalo. They have domestic cattle blood in them. 

^^^^ This.

8 minutes ago, huntlines said:

When did they start getting rid of the feral horses? They are a true problem but I have not heard anything about getting rid of them.

They didn't.. I was being sarcastic. The point I was trying to make is if people were gaga emotional about Bison like they are feral horses... they wouldn't be killing bison in the park

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

They didn't.. I was being sarcastic. The point I was trying to make is if people were gaga emotional about Bison like they are feral horses... they wouldn't be killing bison in the park

Just wait until its on all the local news. Im betting money on serious butthurt

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CatfishKev said:

Just wait until its on all the local news. Im betting money on serious butthurt

Well... it all depends on what the local news tells them to think. You're probably right though

• Like 1

Just now, Desertguide said:

Well... it all depends on what the local news tells them to think. You're probably right though

Nah, even if the news told people feral horses suck there would still be a backlash if someone mentioned looking at one the wrong way.

Its like trying to reason with a belligerent drunk chick.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Nah, even if the news told people feral horses suck there would still be a backlash if someone mentioned looking at one the wrong way.

Its like trying to reason with a belligerent drunk chick.  

😂😂😂.. you just described my ex wife

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

Gonna need one huge tregar grill. Taste meat right there. 

So whats the odds someone on here gets a chance..

4 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Planning on going for this deal, need to look into the firearms side of it. I don’t have any official paperwork for firearms training other than concealed carry so not sure what to do for that. 

May already have been mentioned, but AZ hunters ed counts for the firearm training in a federal CCW app. So likely you’re good to go!

• Like 1