huntlines

Bison reduction project

did anyone get the app fee? or is it free any other licensing cost?

I saw it posted on azfamily and thinking I might put in for it. if its multiple kills Definitely going to put in for it.

• Like 1

My guess is that the tree hugging lawyers will have this tied up in litigation for years. If I had any interest in this I would ask questions up to and including where the shooting was going to take place to select the 12 shooters and what position would you be shooting from and what would be the minimum caliber.

Screenshot_20210427-213900~2.png

9 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I would bet that population estimate is light.

No kidding?

when I was hunting the north rim regulatory years ago we used to see a bunch of them both outside and inside the park,  early 80s might see a few here and there,early to mid 90s  saw double the amount then late 90's early 2000's they must have bred like rabbits they were everywhere.

5 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Ya’ll are crazy if you think the chosen "sharpshooters" will be anything more than Russ Jacoby’s chosen group. 

Elitist. I bet if ol jimmy John applied he would get the nod too

Forget your 45-70's........30 cal. minimum and bottle necked cartridges. 165 grain minimum and lead free.

Dang if you have to shoot and field dress the bison, id be good for one a day, not an easy task. I have done 5 and never gets easier

• Like 2

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there will be plenty of 'official' help along for the field care.  They likely just want to make sure that all participants know they will be expected to help in every way, but there is NO way they are going to turn 12 shooters loose inside the park and expect those shooters to be 100% responsible for the mean care on all of the buff.

Doubt they turn anyone loose...this will be a circus with park rangers pointing out which bison to shoot and lots of observation/supervision. 

Ya, I get it.  The 'turning loose...' was more of a figure of speech.  My point was that I seriously doubt they would simply leave it up to the shooter to do all of the butchering.  For sure, I totally agree with the point about observation/supervision! 

• Like 1

Easy nuff. I recall there's a big hole up there. Feed the Hualapais via air mail and free tenderizing too.

1254501151_farpsmallwall_textureproduct750x1000.thumb.jpg.fe59cc1f75a2b0b226364337ff7271df.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

Personally, I would not touch this upcoming circus with a ten foot pole. 

I'm definitely on the opposite side of the fence on this (pun, intended...).   I'm in!    Will it be a circus?   Yes, possibly, likely.....    But I figure, what the heck!  ;) 

• Like 1

I was actually considering applying but... they plainly said this isn't a "hunt". They might as well have said "don't plan on enjoying yourself." The way they describe it doesn't sound fun at all. Plus all of the possible negative attention from the media and anti's? Sounds really yucky to me. 

"Lethal removal is conducted under controlled circumstances under the direction and supervision of the National Park Service". 

^^^let your brain imagine what that'll be like... lol